1. Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support The Boneyard. (Dismiss this notice by clicking the x at the top right of the box)
    Dismiss Notice

Annihilation

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Penfield, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Penfield

Penfield a.k.a PencilForest

Did anyone else see this movie? I saw it on Saturday and can't stop thinking about it. Need to see it again.

2. JCSuperstar

JCSuperstar Garbage Time All Star

That sounds like an endorsement! I haven't seen this yet, but really want to before it's run out of theaters as a flop.

3. Penfield

It is not an easy film. You need to be open to see something that is weird/different and will leave you with questions. It's also not a perfect movie - there are some odd explanations for things. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. It's going to depend on your personal tastes, but for me it was one of the best things I've seen in a while.

If you are going to see it you should definitely see it before it's out of theaters. It is a film where you need to be immersed in both the visuals and sound, especially the last 20 or so minutes.

4. JCSuperstar

I like Sci-Fi and I never get to the movies anymore (unless its a kids movie), so when I saw the beginning of this review (0:44 to 1:22 NSFW Language):

That was good enough for me to stop the review right there so things wouldn't be spoiled.

Penfield likes this.
  5. Penfield

Haha, I really wanted to see the movie, but after I watched the beginning of that review I knew I HAD to see it.

JCSuperstar likes this.
  6. JCSuperstar

LOL @ BY/RLM crossover thread.

Penfield likes this.
  7. manbyrd

manbyrd

Saw it, was a solid movie. Definitely one of the better Sci-fi movies released in recent years.

Penfield likes this.