Anna: the stats don't lie | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anna: the stats don't lie

Reaction Score
God forbid people discuss and critique UConn women's basketball on a UConn women's basketball forum, the nerve of some people!
[/QUOTE]

Tired of hearing all of the negativity. Frankly, if you don't have something nice and positive to say, don't say it.

Reaction Score
Ania is their best outside shooter and she should be taking 10 to 15 shots a game. That's what your best shooters do. They need to get into a rhythm. You can't when you only take 4 shots in a game. She also helps out in every aspect of the game with a high BB IQ. As far as her quickness goes. Her favorite player wasn't known for her quickness either but is the GOAT!
I thought she had it in her to become that but she clearly isn’t ready for it. I’m not even sure she wants it at this point. You have to be willing to take shots to do that. 5 attempts today??

Reaction Score
The
I thought she had it in her to become that but she clearly isn’t ready for it. I’m not even sure she wants it at this point. You have to be willing to take shots to do that. 5 attempts today??
watching the past four games, I start to see what is happening. The other four on the floor are all looking to see what Anna can do for them, they aren’t looking at her as the prime shooter. It isn’t that they don’t think she can shoot, they are just used to her dishing it to them. Court vision is often focused on the lane, driving often not to score necessarily but to get fouled. Nothing wrong with that. A sure 1-2 points as opposed to a maybe 3. Anna may be open a lot on the perimeter but for passes that only Anna can make or wants to make...sometimes—and it has happened—Paige. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
Interesting trend this year that for the most part I like. Team is always looking to get the ball inside or hit the cutter, often passing up the 3 pointer. While Anna is often left open on the outside, as the year goes on and we play the few taller teams out there, Anna will get her shots.

Reaction Score
Interesting trend this year that for the most part I like. Team is always looking to get the ball inside or hit the cutter, often passing up the 3 pointer. While Anna is often left open on the outside, as the year goes on and we play the few taller teams out there, Anna will get her shots.
I think we need that to deal with Baylor and even SC.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Just had a thought. . .

Perhaps, Anna "IS" confident in her shot and has no doubts about it.

But, is working on more important aspects of the game so that she is able to respond without thinking per her "coaches" direction/teaching.

Perhaps, she is in training, so that whatever is occurring on the floor she can do whatever is needed to lift and help her team win. :cool:

Like I said. Just had a thought. . .

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who the hell are you people to render critical judgements on any player on the UConn Team. The only one to do so is Geno and his staff. We constantly here this all the time. Why don't we ALL sit back and relax and, frankly, enjoy this abreviated season, as it is and watch these talented people play basketball. And, be thankful that we actually have this pleasure because it could have been completely turned off and we have nothing. Go be a coach somewhere if you don't like a person or what is going on.
:eek: Wow that first sentence came off the top turn buckle! What also caught me by surprise is that it was coming from someone who has been on the BY longer than I have. This boards critiques UCONN players.

Reaction Score
:eek: Wow that first sentence came off the top turn buckle! What also caught me by surprise is that it was coming from someone who has been on the BY longer than I have. This boards critiques UCONN players.
You know you are right, but a lot of this is just plain negative and not done in a positive way that is constructive. If I were a player and read some of this ..... I would be upset and if I were a parent, I would be doubly upset. There is an old rule we would manage by even in the Marine Corps: you praise in public and you punish in private. For myself and only myself, I do not feel qualified to render judgement on these players results. I look at Geno as that commander who has that privilege. There is a better way to talk about a player performing to higher expectations.

Reaction Score
There are times when she doesn't even look at the basket. Against the better teams she will be needed to stretch the defense.

Reaction Score
When they truly need her she will deliver. In my mind it's still kinda like preseason and the whole team is getting better and better. When they face better teams Anna will invaluable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom