Anna Mak Hurry Back! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anna Mak Hurry Back!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There is no way Azzi will be as good as Paige from day one! She may or may not be as good in the long run (doubtful imo) but she won’t be right away. Paige will have a season’s worth of experience in the bank already! Of course, I hope Azzi is better than Paige as that would give us possibly the two best players in the country on one (ours) team. Color me doubtful though. She may be a better shooter but even that is not completely clear. We’ll see. It should be fun finding out though and I realize you are simply referring to Geno being able to replace a player without a drop off on the floor.
Never say never or no way! Azzi won the HS Naismith as a Sophomore when Paige was a Junior. Geno is turning Paige into a shooting guard. Azzi is a better shooter that Paige. We probably need to take this into its own thread.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I cannot believe the title of this thread. After all of the emotion to diss this young women about her playing, someone is calling for her to return. Emotions are running from one extreme to another. I want the young lady back because I want her healthy and not in discomfort for her injury. Whether she plays or not is up to Geno and his staff.

Right now in my Marine Corps, you would be the Point.
Speaking of emotion, for every post "dissing Anna" there was one of support and hope. In the BY emotions often run high but at the end of the day we all want the same thing which is what's best for the team and the players. A healthy Anna is what is best for this team.

Reaction Score
Speaking of emotion, for every post "dissing Anna" there was one of support and hope. In the BY emotions often run high but at the end of the day we all want the same thing which is what's best for the team and the players. A healthy Anna is what is best for this team.

Preach Brother CH!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Seeing how gifted Paige is offensively, I see her being the scoring leader next season. As a freshman she is having at least one of the 15 best offensive seasons we’ve seen by a husky. Having her as an experienced sophomore will take pressure off of Azzi to immediately be the scoring threat that Paige has to be this year. But I foresee them being quite the dynamic duo for multiple years. If Azzi is a knockdown shooter like Paige, I’d like to see her replace CW.
That's not Paige's plan. her plan is to make Azzi the highest scoring player in UConn history.:)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I cannot believe the title of this thread. After all of the emotion to diss this young women about her playing, someone is calling for her to return. Emotions are running from one extreme to another. I want the young lady back because I want her healthy and not in discomfort for her injury. Whether she plays or not is up to Geno and his staff.

Right now in my Marine Corps, you would be the Point.
I believe that attitudes have changed when we realized she was dealing with a significant physical issue that impacted her game. This is what happens when we base our negative comments on just what we see on tv. We may jump to conclusions but we are quick to correct ourselves.

Reaction Score
Oh wow! So was it like a weight bearing issue? Hope things are getting better for your daughter.
Her ortho said that is was due to impact from running. She is limited to low impact cardio for the time being and will not be running for workouts anymore.

Reaction Score
Her ortho said that is was due to impact from running. She is limited to low impact cardio for the time being and will not be running for workouts anymore.
Yes, sounds like shin splints to me. I'm far from being a doctor, but I believe that's the same as a stress facture. I've had shin splints from running on concrete and as far as I know the only treatment is to stop the pounding. Takes a few weeks to get better. So if that's the problem maybe Anna will be back soon.

Reaction Score
I think some of us underestimate her ability to pass and help the flow of the offense. If she's healthy and can back to her shooting form of last year she spreads the floor for us and gives us another very badly needed 3 point threat. It will also allow CWill not to feel like she needs to be a hero with her 3 ball.

Defensively, Anna is solid but not great. I think she more than compensates with her offensive and passing skills, and rebounding. She just needs to get healthy.

Reaction Score
Williams is consistently inconsistent, and Liv is a specialty player, I thought we would see more from both, but at this point I’m not sure if we ever will. Has Geno ever moved an upperclassman the bench, if E doesn’t go pro, it could happen to Williams since I expect Azzi to push for minutes, in fact I wouldn’t be shocked to see Fudd lead the team in scoring and field goal attempts next season.
Paige Sauer started until her junior or senior year when tamika Williams and Asia Jones came.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom