Anna Mak Hurry Back! | The Boneyard

Anna Mak Hurry Back!

Reaction Score
:eek: I sure miss Liv and Christyn in the game. We really need them. I hope they recover soon.
Williams is consistently inconsistent, and Liv is a specialty player, I thought we would see more from both, but at this point I’m not sure if we ever will. Has Geno ever moved an upperclassman the bench, if E doesn’t go pro, it could happen to Williams since I expect Azzi to push for minutes, in fact I wouldn’t be shocked to see Fudd lead the team in scoring and field goal attempts next season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Williams is consistently inconsistent, and Liv is a specialty player, I thought we would see more from both, but at this point I’m not sure if we ever will. Has Geno ever moved an upperclassman the bench, if E doesn’t go pro, it could happen to Williams since I expect Azzi to push for minutes, in fact I wouldn’t be shocked to see Fudd lead the team in scoring and field goal attempts next season.
Off the top of my head Kiah stokes got benched (out of starting lineup) for Morgan Tuck and AA Bria Hartley voluntarily was moved to bench for Caroline Doty. @Sluconn Husky correctly made the point in a different thread that this team does not have the "depth" we anticipated. I think that changes drastically next year.
For the first time I can remember next year Geno can legitimately look EVERY player in the eye and say if you are playing well I can replace you and the team will not miss you.
Paige-Azzi
CW-Azzi Evina-Caroline-Saylor
Aubrey-Saylor-Anna-Mir
Nika-Azzi or Caroline
ONO-Amari

Reaction Score
I have no sources but I think she goes pro like Azure did. I think I misspelled her name but you know who I mean.Just a gut feeling but whatever she decides I wish her the best.!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have no sources but I think she goes pro like Azure did. I think I misspelled her name but you know who I mean.Just a gut feeling but whatever she decides I wish her the best.!
If you are talking CW she is not WNBA eligible this season. Both her and ONO will be back unless...... we aren't supposed to talk about that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Very clever thread title. Martha Reeves would be proud.
I've met her and the Vandellas. They are super nice and gracious. They have (make) time for everyone.

Reaction Score
I've met her and the Vandellas. They are super nice and gracious. They have (make) time for everyone.
Good to hear. "Dancing in the Street" is an all time great. Didn't know until just now that Marvin Gaye was the principal songwriter.

Reaction Score
Seeing how gifted Paige is offensively, I see her being the scoring leader next season. As a freshman she is having at least one of the 15 best offensive seasons we’ve seen by a husky. Having her as an experienced sophomore will take pressure off of Azzi to immediately be the scoring threat that Paige has to be this year. But I foresee them being quite the dynamic duo for multiple years. If Azzi is a knockdown shooter like Paige, I’d like to see her replace CW.

Reaction Score
I just hope that Anna's injury is not like what my daughter went through with a bone fracture in her foot. Has taken 9 months to get to the point where she is pain free. As a nurse, she doesn't have the option of not putting weight on her foot. The only treatment was to minimize impact stresses to the foot and let it heal.

Reaction Score
I have no sources but I think she goes pro like Azure did. I think I misspelled her name but you know who I mean.Just a gut feeling but whatever she decides I wish her the best.
E has been pretty good this year, but I don’t see her going pro, next year she should definitely be an All American, she might not be one this year. Next year she could also be a top 3 draft pick, I think its Howard 1, Cunane 2, and open after that.
Seeing how gifted Paige is offensively, I see her being the scoring leader next season. As a freshman she is having at least one of the 15 best offensive seasons we’ve seen by a husky. Having her as an experienced sophomore will take pressure off of Azzi to immediately be the scoring threat that Paige has to be this year. But I foresee them being quite the dynamic duo for multiple years. If Azzi is a knockdown shooter like Paige, I’d like to see her replace CW.
Paige is a capable scorer, but she’s a point guard who likes to get her teammates involved, I predict that Geno won’t have to tell Azzi to shoot.

Reaction Score
E has been pretty good this year, but I don’t see her going pro, next year she should definitely be an All American, she might not be one this year. Next year she could also be a top 3 draft pick, I think its Howard 1, Cunane 2, and open after that.

Paige is a capable scorer, but she’s a point guard who likes to get her teammates involved, I predict that Geno won’t have to tell Azzi to shoot.
This years draft is weaker so she'll probably be chosen higher (first round?) especially if she continues to play as good as she has been playing

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Off the top of my head Kiah stokes got benched (out of starting lineup) for Morgan Tuck and AA Bria Hartley voluntarily was moved to bench for Caroline Doty. @Sluconn Husky correctly made the point in a different thread that this team does not have the "depth" we anticipated. I think that changes drastically next year.
For the first time I can remember next year Geno can legitimately look EVERY player in the eye and say if you are playing well I can replace you and the team will not miss you.
Paige-Azzi
Aubrey-Saylor-Anna-Mir
Nika-Azzi or Caroline
ONO-Amari
May I assume that you just forgot to mention Aaliyah (or for that matter Piath) in any of your substitution patterns?

I think it would be irrational for Evina NOT to go to the WNBA after this season. With her knee being a ticking time bomb, basically waiting for the experience of Shea and Morgan Tuck to be repeated, she needs to make hay (moolah) while the sun is shining, since it may not shine much longer. It's too bad, because she is certainly a mainstay this year.

I think Nika will be Paige's backup as PG next year, and Azzi will be the starting SG -- and probably will not play any other position (but get 35+ minutes per game at that position) -- unless defensive deficiencies limit her minutes.

Who is going to provide topflight perimeter defense next year? Aubrey or Mir? I'm not sure I see how next year's team (especially if it is without Evina) would be likely to play any better defense in the Arkansas game than this year's team did.

I do foresee a big offensive season, and big rebounding stats, for Aaliyah Edwards next year. She can do everything very well except stay out of foul trouble. That should be a fixable problem.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
May I assume that you just forgot to mention Aaliyah (or for that matter Piath) in any of your substitution patterns?

I think it would be irrational for Evina NOT to go to the WNBA after this season. With her knee being a ticking time bomb, basically waiting for the experience of Shea and Morgan Tuck to be repeated, she needs to make hay (moolah) while the sun is shining, since it may not shine much longer. It's too bad, because she is certainly a mainstay this year.

I think Nika will be Paige's backup as PG next year, and Azzi will be the starting SG -- and probably will not play any other position (but get 35+ minutes per game at that position) -- unless defensive deficiencies limit her minutes.

Who is going to provide topflight perimeter defense next year? Aubrey or Mir? I'm not sure I see how next year's team (especially if it is without Evina) would be likely to play any better defense in the Arkansas game than this year's team did.

I do foresee a big offensive season, and big rebounding stats, for Aaliyah Edwards next year. She can do everything very well except stay out of foul trouble. That should be a fixable problem.
Aaliyah was definitely an over sight, first few games of the season i had her projected as a starter next year now I' m far less sure. As far as Piath she would have to make a massive jump to be in the rotation next year. Evina going pro IMO is more likely than not precisely because of the reason you state. Hard to say the knee is a ticking time bomb because we (at least I don't) know what the issue is. As far as Nika being a backup PG next year minutes at the guard spot is going to be hard to come by.
Perimeter defense is a strength of Saylor so that gives her a leg up.

Reaction Score
Paige-Azzi
Aubrey-Saylor-Anna-Mir
Nika-Azzi or Caroline
ONO-Amari
There is no way Azzi will be as good as Paige from day one! She may or may not be as good in the long run (doubtful imo) but she won’t be right away. Paige will have a season’s worth of experience in the bank already! Of course, I hope Azzi is better than Paige as that would give us possibly the two best players in the country on one (ours) team. Color me doubtful though. She may be a better shooter but even that is not completely clear. We’ll see. It should be fun finding out though and I realize you are simply referring to Geno being able to replace a player without a drop off on the floor.

Reaction Score
I just hope that Anna's injury is not like what my daughter went through with a bone fracture in her foot. Has taken 9 months to get to the point where she is pain free. As a nurse, she doesn't have the option of not putting weight on her foot. The only treatment was to minimize impact stresses to the foot and let it heal.
Oh wow! So was it like a weight bearing issue? Hope things are getting better for your daughter.

Reaction Score
I cannot believe the title of this thread. After all of the emotion to diss this young women about her playing, someone is calling for her to return. Emotions are running from one extreme to another. I want the young lady back because I want her healthy and not in discomfort for her injury. Whether she plays or not is up to Geno and his staff.

Right now in my Marine Corps, you would be the Point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom