Anna AAC Freshman of the Week | The Boneyard

Anna AAC Freshman of the Week

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, Meg is POW! ;)

AAC about Anna this week: " Makurat earned freshman of the week honors for the third time this season after logging 17.5 points per game and 5.0 rebounds for 2-0 UConn last week. She finished the week hitting 65 percent of her shots from the floor, including a 50 percent clip from beyond the arc. Makurat scored 18 points to go along with five rebounds, five assists and six steals in the win over Tulane (Feb. 19). Against UCF (Feb. 22) she scored 17 points, all in the second half, on 75 percent shooting while adding five rebounds in the win for the Huskies. "

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, in 15 weekly awards, Anna leads the way with 3 FOW honors, Regan Bradley-SMU; Madison Griggs-Memphis; Elena Tsineke-USF Taniya Thompson-ECU all have 2. Aubrey has 1.

On the POW honors, Meg leads the way with 4, Iimar'i Thomas-Cin has 3, KayKay Wright and Olivia Nelson Ododa each have 2. Christyn Williams has 1.

UConn has only had 2 FOY with Kia Nurse and Christyn Williams. We have won all 6 POY-Breanna with 3, Katie Lou and Pheesa with 2 each. They tied in 2016-17. Let's hope we make it 3 and 7! ;)

Reaction Score
I think that CD is our best player - our only AA candidate - even tho MW has better numbers in the AAC.
And Aubrey single-handedly turned two important games around altho Ania has better numbers in the weaker AAC, eh?

Reaction Score
Who ever gave Geno Anna's name and helped arrange the recruiting intro deserves a major thanks. Hate to see this year's team without her contributions.
Yes, how did he find out about her?

Reaction Score
I think that CD is our best player - our only AA candidate - even tho MW has better numbers in the AAC.
And Aubrey single-handedly turned two important games around altho Ania has better numbers in the weaker AAC, eh?
I think I would give nod to Crystal. Meg is playing great but Crystal is the heart. Numbers don’t tell the whole story.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes, how did he find out about her?

There is a female talent scout who has a service focused on European talent. Her name I cannot recall. She put UConn on Nika Muhl and I would not be surprised if the same holds true for Anna.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
There is a female talent scout who has a service focused on European talent. Her name I cannot recall. She put UConn on Nika Muhl and I would not be surprised if the same holds true for Anna.
I thought that this was written about and even discussed on a Geno show that Anna contacted UConn and sent some videos and as she has played in enough European games that have video the staff was able to corroborate the talent. Sort of surprised you of all things on the web, haven't found that article/video....Might I have to revoke the Ozymandias name? ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I thought that this was written about and even discussed on a Geno show that Anna contacted UConn and sent some videos and as she has played in enough European games that have video the staff was able to corroborate the talent. Sort of surprised you of all things on the web, haven't found that article/video....Might I have to revoke the Ozymandias name? ;)

I confess to fallibility - rare but it happens. Never seen that to which you refer.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, in 15 weekly awards, Anna leads the way with 3 FOW honors, Regan Bradley-SMU; Madison Griggs-Memphis; Elena Tsineke-USF Taniya Thompson-ECU all have 2. Aubrey has 1.

On the POW honors, Meg leads the way with 4, Iimar'i Thomas-Cin has 3, KayKay Wright and Olivia Nelson Ododa each have 2. Christyn Williams has 1.

UConn has only had 2 FOY with Kia Nurse and Christyn Williams. We have won all 6 POY-Breanna with 3, Katie Lou and Pheesa with 2 each. They tied in 2016-17. Let's hope we make it 3 and 7! ;)
Thomas’ honors, what with her 19.0 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.0 apg, don’t count because I have it on good authority she plays for Cincinnati and they’re nothing special

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Thomas’ honors, what with her 19.0 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.0 apg, don’t count because I have it on good authority she plays for Cincinnati and they’re nothing special
Not sure what your pointing out. I have Iimar'I listed as earning the POW 3 times with my comment that with Meg having 4, I hope she can keep that edge to earn POY. What I did find interesting is Crystal Dangerfield hasn't earned one POW at all and she has been probably playing the best ball of her career. Please feel free to clarify your stance.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not sure what your pointing out. I have Iimar'I listed as earning the POW 3 times with my comment that with Meg having 4, I hope she can keep that edge to earn POY. What I did find interesting is Crystal Dangerfield hasn't earned one POW at all and she has been probably playing the best ball of her career. Please feel free to clarify your stance.
Sorry, not directed at you. it was sarcasm towards those who don’t think the Huskies’ game last night was that great because it was “only” Cincinnati

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Sorry, not directed at you. it was sarcasm towards those who don’t think the Huskies’ game last night was great because it was “only” Cincinnati
Oh, ok, whew! Yes, this damned if you do and damned if you don't mentality this board has most of the time is certainly curious.
Cincinnati will finish tied for 2nd in the league and whether we think they are good or not, they have earned that placement and you can only beat who's on your schedule. Everything we wanted to see, we got to see-CW scoring and shooting well, Anna continuing her hot shooting and good passing, Meg scoring and rebounding, Crystal Dangerfield scoring, passing and directing, Aubrey slashing, Kyla SCORING!!! and all this with Liv playing limited minutes due to illness and Evelyn, yes, Evelyn looking like she knew what was going on, comfortable in sets! Defense was awesome so, lots to like. :cool:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
"Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom