Ania, Part Cinq, Part Dix, I've lost track... | The Boneyard

Ania, Part Cinq, Part Dix, I've lost track...

Reaction Score
European experience notwithstanding, one must not lose sight of the fact that Ania is still just a Freshman. Many of my fellow posters have recognized her unique abilities from the very outset, suggesting that once she got over the early jitters and her shot came around, she'd be truly dangerous.Well, the results are coming in, and speak for themselves. But it's not her emerging confidence in her outside shot that characterized the play of the game...her behind the back fast break assist was a thing of such consummate beauty that it had to bring all UConn fans to their feet. It won't happen in an unbroken line, but things will only get better for her. This team will be dangerous in March!

Reaction Score
European experience notwithstanding, one must not lose sight of the fact that Ania is still just a Freshman. Many of my fellow posters have recognized her unique abilities from the very outset, suggesting that once she got over the early jitters and her shot came around, she'd be truly dangerous.Well, the results are coming in, and speak for themselves. But it's not her emerging confidence in her outside shot that characterized the play of the game...her behind the back fast break assist was a thing of such consummate beauty that it had to bring all UConn fans to their feet. It won't happen in an unbroken line, but things will only get better for her. This team will be dangerous in March!
For whatever reason from day one I looked at Anna and said to myself this is the one.

Reaction Score
She reminds me of a player from the Mens team during the dream season! His name Nadav Henefeld. The composure, passing, shooting, rebounding and intensity! That pass behind her back made me think of him!

Reaction Score
She reminds me of a player from the Mens team during the dream season! His name Nadav Henefeld. The composure, passing, shooting, rebounding and intensity! That pass behind her back made me think of him!

Good observation. Nadav was not a great shooter (% wise) but knew the game and where the other team would have to go with a pass out of a double team, knew the weakside was where missed shots would likely go and was in position for the rebound, and I can still see him dropping off a pass on a fast break leading to a big dunk that got the crowd fired up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For whatever reason from day one I looked at Anna and said to myself this is the one.

So did the Tennessee board until they found out she was going to UCONN

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
24 pts for #24. Maybe she should ask for a higher number but I guess Aubrey took #44. ;)

It just hit me what might happen with Anna's jersey #24. I know for example Mark Cuban in a sign of respect for Kobe will retire that number from the Mavericks. I do not know what motivation or attachment Anna has with the number?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Me too Dokey! I saw Anna at one of the exhibition games in row C...........well she had me from day one! Love that kid and all the gals! Oregon here we come!!!
Uhm....,.Just a minor point. Oregon is coming here...,,::cool:

Reaction Score
Good observation. Nadav was not a great shooter (% wise) but knew the game and where the other team would have to go with a pass on a double team, knew the weakside was where missed shots would likely go and was in position for the rebound, and I can still see him dropping off a pass on a fast break leading to a big dunk that got the crowd fired up.
I hadn't heard his name in a very, very long time. He was an amazing distributor with size and savvy that was through the roof. A really brilliant passer and he made the Huskies so good so quickly and unexpectedly that it caught the college world by surprise ....

Reaction Score
Oldude.....no need to correct because I do think you knew what I meant. So sorry oldude. Hope you enjoyed the game tonight as it was so much fun. Geez, louise.

Reaction Score
Ann has bloomed.......just felt it in my gut after seeing her on court 1st time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom