Angst About Recruiting on the Syracuse Board | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Angst About Recruiting on the Syracuse Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd take Big Ten in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself. However, it seems unlikely cause we'll be having to pay the Big East a lottttt of money just to leave.

Reaction Score
Rutgers in a better position than UConn? You almost had me with this troll attempt
I am sorry but it is true! They are raking in over 50 million dollars a year from the B1G! Would anyone have thought that Rutgers would beat Michigan State and Purdue in football. I dislike Rutgers as much as anyone and feel that they won the lottery with their invite to the Big Ten. But to me they are making the most of it. Even their basketball program is ranked now. Unheard of!

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
If we ever got the Big Ten or ACC invite, we make it work no mater what the cost.
From your mouth to G-d's ears, brother.
We'll start a GoFundMe, which me and Chief will run, and you can put me in for at least 5 large ;).

Reaction Score
I am sorry but it is true! They are raking in over 50 million dollars a year from the B1G! Would anyone have thought that Rutgers would beat Michigan State and Purdue in football. I dislike Rutgers as much as anyone and feel that they won the lottery with their invite to the Big Ten. But to me they are making the most of it. Even their basketball program is ranked now. Unheard of!
Of course they're in a better position in football (basically every D1 program is in a better position than UConn football) and make way more money but they're still 21-56 in Big 10 football and if you're taking their basketball program over UConn you're crazy.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
With the exception of the part about Rutgers. There is some validity to this post.

I often wonder is the basketball centric posters on this board would accept a invitation to the Big Ten or prefer to remain in the ZBE.
I would. In a heartbeat. Even if building a new football stadium in Storrs was a precondition.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'd take Big Ten in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself. However, it seems unlikely cause we'll be having to pay the Big East a lottttt of money just to leave.
Pish tosh, it's just a journal entry. The ROC is too strong to walk away from.

Reaction Score
Of course they're in a better position in football (basically every D1 program is in a better position than UConn football) and make way more money but they're still 21-56 in Big 10 football and if you're taking their basketball program over UConn you're crazy.

His point was not about which school is better in football and basketball. Its about which school is in better position in the long run athletically. They are in a stable conference and only getting better in both major sports. The money they are getting has not only helped the athletic programs but that money is also being distributed amongst their research programs and further boosting the schools status.

I would take UConn 10 times over however, i do recognize that they are in a much better position being in the Big Ten than UConn is being independent in football and Big East in basketball. Money talks.

Reaction Score
From your mouth to G-d's ears, brother.
We'll start a GoFundMe, which me and Chief will run, and you can put me in for at least 5 large ;).
for that I would not complain about vastly more expensive ticket costs and mandatory donations.

Reaction Score
His point was not about which school is better in football and basketball. Its about which school is in better position in the long run athletically. They are in a stable conference and only getting better in both major sports. The money they are getting has not only helped the athletic programs but that money is also being distributed amongst their research programs and further boosting the schools status.

I would take UConn 10 times over however, i do recognize that they are in a much better position being in the Big Ten than UConn is being independent in football and Big East in basketball. Money talks.
That's why I responded of course they are better positioned in football and he's crazy if he thinks they are better positioned than UConn in basketball.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That's why I responded of course they are better positioned in football and he's crazy if he thinks they are better positioned than UConn in basketball.

Except they are.

Just from an Athletic Budget standpoint.

That doesnt mean they have a better program, better history, better players currently, or a better coach. Rutgers has none of that over us. But the Athletics budgets of P5 conferences will win a war of attrition over everyone over the long haul.

Could be 10 years, 20 years, 30 years, but a few million a year doesnt compete with 50 million.

Reaction Score
Except they are.

Just from an Athletic Budget standpoint.

That doesnt mean they have a better program, better history, better players currently, or a better coach. Rutgers has none of that over us. But the Athletics budgets of P5 conferences will win a war of attrition over everyone over the long haul.

Could be 10 years, 20 years, 30 years, but a few million a year doesnt compete with 50 million.
If it was all about money Northwestern, Rutgers, Penn State etc. would've been better than us in basketball a long time ago. None of them are going to be better than UConn, Nova, Gonzaga in the future.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If it was all about money Northwestern, Rutgers, Penn State etc. would've been better than us in basketball a long time ago. None of them are going to be better than UConn, Nova, Gonzaga in the future.

the money disparity is only a few years old. Less than a decade

Reaction Score
Winning basketball is not sustaining an athletic department at this time. August_West is correct. It has not been long enough for the money disparity to really be manifest. I don't know how anyone can deny that Rutgers is in a lot better position now than they were before the Big Ten came calling.

Reaction Score
I am not crazy thinking that they are better positioned. However, they are ranked, they have money now to recruit and and former UConn player as their coach, and they are playing high caliber teams in a really big time conference.

Reaction Score
If I was a middling ACC school I would be very scared of conference realignment, which I believe is coming relatively soon. Right now, they have Clemson carrying the football conference. What happens when the SEC or whatever new powerhouse conference comes calling and takes Clemson, Miami, and even FSU. All of a sudden that conference looks downright awful at football, worse than the AAC right now. And teams like Syracuse, BC, GT, WF and others, well I don’t think there’s going to be exactly a long list of suitors.

Short story, the ACC as a whole (outside of Clemson) needs to start performing like a power conference fast.
The ACC has a Grant of Rights until 2036. Nothing will happen anytime soon, unless ESPN goes belly up and can't pay them.

Reaction Score
The ACC has a Grant of Rights until 2036. Nothing will happen anytime soon, unless ESPN goes belly up and can't pay them.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I think the networks are not going to be able to pay big money to football conferences by the end of this decade.

Reaction Score
Basically an entire thread complaining AJ didn’t get much playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom