OT: Angels’ Tyler Skaggs passes away at 27 | The Boneyard

OT: Angels’ Tyler Skaggs passes away at 27

Reaction Score

No details yet. Horrible. Angels game understandably has been canceled tonight.

Reaction Score
Damn shame. So young. Just terrible.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Wow, he just pitched the other day. So young living the dream playing in the bigs. RIP.

Reaction Score
RIP Tyler Skaggs... sad for a young man having his best year to leave us so early.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Heard there was no overdose or foul play suspected. Terrifying to think a healthy 27 yr old pro athlete could just drop dead.

Reaction Score
Absolutely horrible. Just feel sick knowing that he posted to Twitter less than a day ago.

Reaction Score
TMZ wants to be first, so somewhere they implied OD. Too bad, because they are guessing and have no more info than anyone else.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
The highlights of that game put tears in my eyes. What a tribute.

Reaction Score

"We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler's death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us."

Not great.

Reaction Score

"We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler's death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us."

Not great.
Fentanyl is bad, bad stuff. The Angels employee potential involvement doesn’t bring the kid back, still so tragic. I wonder if he started using painkillers to rehab an injury and got addicted. Hope his family can get some level of peace eventually.

Reaction Score
Fentanyl is bad, bad stuff. The Angels employee potential involvement doesn’t bring the kid back, still so tragic. I wonder if he started using painkillers to rehab an injury and got addicted. Hope his family can get some level of peace eventually.

Awful stuff. Amazing with the resources for assistance in fighting their addiction it can even happen to pros. The level of peace did get more difficult for the family wonder if they knew the depth. I mean he travels and has an easier chance to hide it. So damn sad but I would like to know as you mentioned if it stemmed from an injury. Doctors need to be better in some cases too. Huge epidemic

Reaction Score
Awful stuff. Amazing with the resources for assistance in fighting their addiction it can even happen to pros. The level of peace did get more difficult for the family wonder if they knew the depth. I mean he travels and has an easier chance to hide it. So damn sad but I would like to know as you mentioned if it stemmed from an injury. Doctors need to be better in some cases too. Huge epidemic
So in August of 2014, Skaggs tore his UCL and needed Tommy John Surgery. Curious if that’s when the oxycodone usage started. Hard to imagine he ever needed something with the strength of Fentanyl during his recovery.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I was right. My sisters husbands brother works for that department and word got around. It will be the first and only time in my life I actually had a source. Wish it was something else. Terrible.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I was right. My sisters husbands brother works for that department and word got around. It will be the first and only time in my life I actually had a source. Wish it was something else. Terrible.
Could you be a little more specific? Works for what department? What word got around?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom