Angela Salvadores to Duke [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Angela Salvadores to Duke [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Coach P. strikes again.... Yawn....

When she actually DOES something with all of these top recruits I'll be concerned.

Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
"added depth to the backcourt " ? Duke has no backcourt , a senior combo guard, and a JUCO point guard for this year. I consider Greenwell, and Calhoun to be small forwards, who will be forced into the backcourt this year.

Then next year one will be gone, and the other will not play.

They're likely referring to the class with Suggs and Gorecki. Maybe Calhoun for the future too depending on whether you consider a wing to be front or backcourt.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Duke is much stronger academically than ND.
ND is Catholic which might not be everyone' scup of tea.
If you're from the east or Europe, Duke is much closer to home than Stanford.
Weather differences between ND And Duke.

If she had gone to NC she would have had the same advantages of East Coast, nice weather and secularity, and wouldn't have had to take all those bothersome classes.;)

Reaction Score
I've got that game on tape. It wasn't just a zone, she was making plays off the dribble as well. She played with a confidence you usually only see in much older players.

Correct on all claims. I posted before I looked, and when I returned from viewing some clips it was too late for the Boneyard's time limit editing clock.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If she had gone to NC she would have had the same advantages of East Coast, nice weather and secularity, and wouldn't have had to take all those bothersome classes.;)

You guys are so harsh on UNC :rolleyes:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It's an amazing pick-up for Duke
Salvadores is a wonderful player and competitor whose style will mask many of Joannes' shortcomings.
Great education for the young woman
Added competitive balance for the sport.
We should all be grateful for a tad more competition.

Reaction Score
I've got that game on tape. It wasn't just a zone, she was making plays off the dribble as well. She played with a confidence you usually only see in much older players.
Agree.She is an out standing ballplayer.Good for her.

Reaction Score
Good for her and Duke. She gets a good education, Duke gets a guard and they needed one.

Whenever a school like Duke comes calling only those from the financial class can look the other way. She will get(?) a Duke degree-- a 'good' educ., well let us leave that open when we see her in 4-years.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Whenever a school like Duke comes calling only those from the financial class can look the other way. She will get(?) a Duke degree-- a 'good' educ., well let us leave that open when we see her in 4-years.
Well she has the opportunity. And Duke definitely needs the guards.

Reaction Score
Duke is much stronger academically than ND.
ND is Catholic which might not be everyone' scup of tea.
If you're from the east or Europe, Duke is much closer to home than Stanford.
Weather differences between ND And Duke.
Point #1... disagree... ND is very highly rated academically. Both are top tier schools that aren't Ivies.
Point #2... Spain is ~70% Catholic. If she isn't Catholic, that might be a good point.
Point #3... this might be good, except that California would be more like home than North Carolina.
Point #4... valid.

Reaction Score
Point #1... disagree... ND is very highly rated academically. Both are top tier schools that aren't Ivies.
Point #2... Spain is ~70% Catholic. If she isn't Catholic, that might be a good point.
Point #3... this might be good, except that California would be more like home than North Carolina.
Point #4... valid.

You make some rather interesting assumptions.

Just because one is Catholic does not mean that one would prefer a Catholic university.

I have no idea what your comment on #3 means (and I suspect I don't want to know). But mine was strictly a reference to travel time.

sTu

Reaction Score
"Angela Salvadores, the No. 5 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100 for the 2015 class, has given a verbal commitment to Duke."

Per ESPN

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
"Angela Salvadores, the No. 5 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100 for the 2015 class, has given a verbal commitment to Duke."

Per ESPN
One of the best Shanjob I have ever seen.

On edit: ruined by the mod using the merge function.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
"Shanjob:! Man, I haven;t seen that in nigh on to 10 yar or so. What a memory has DoggieDaddy!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"Shanjob:! Man, I haven;t seen that in nigh on to 10 yar or so. What a memory has DoggieDaddy!
Oh, a "Shan" moment shows up here every once in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom