Angel Reese | The Boneyard

Angel Reese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow! Am disappointed in her ending. Tormenting Clark with the finger ring pointing in her face. They won the hand. Awesome for her, Kim and the LSU team. But, don’t show your low side. To me it didn’t matter who won this game. It was a scoring show. Lots of fun other than a few foul calls. But the ending was unprofessional.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow! Am disappointed in her ending. Tormenting Clark with the finger ring pointing in her face. They won the hand. Awesome for her, Kim and the LSU team. But, don’t show your low side. To me it didn’t matter who won this game. It was a scoring show. Lots of fun other than a few foul calls. But the ending was unprofessional.

Great player. Punk behavior.

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree with you but Clark has done plenty of talking and taunting throughout the tournament herself. I think both players are fiery and play with emotion. It’s definitely not my style, but if you dish it you might also get it back.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I wondered if someone would post about this.

I agree with @ConnMotors and @MilfordHusky. I didn't see it at the time as being about rings. There was a video somewhere (from the Louisville game?) showing CC doing some sign involving waving her hand across her face, which apparently refers to something the actor John Cena did. I don't know the context or precisely what it means, but it either means "I don't see you" or "you can't see me." It doesn't appear to be a compliment. Someone more plugged in can clarify. I didn't see it as being done to a particular player, but that was because the snippet was short. So I don't know what brought that about.

Angel started doing this before the game was over, when CC was standing next to her on the free throw line. To then follow her all across the court as CC was walking to her bench, finally getting in position to force CC to look at her was amazing to see.

We've had a couple of incidents in handshake lines this season, and there are always scuffles and fights and unsportsmanlike behavior. But to rub the other team's star player's nose in that defeat on that stage was one of the most classless things I've seen in a long time.

It'll be interesting to see if the media, including the non-sports media, report on this. And if they do, what Kim Mulkey's response will be. Somehow I think I know.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I wondered if someone would post about this.

I agree with @ConnMotors and @MilfordHusky. I didn't see it at the time as being about rings. There was a video somewhere (from the Louisville game?) showing CC doing some sign involving waving her hand across her face, which apparently refers to something the actor John Cena did. I don't know the context or precisely what it means, but it either means "I don't see you" or "you can't see me." It doesn't appear to be a compliment. Someone more plugged in can clarify. I didn't see it as being done to a particular player, but that was because the snippet was short. So I don't know what brought that about.

Angel started doing this before the game was over, when CC was standing next to her on the free throw line. To then follow her all across the court as CC was walking to her bench, finally getting in position to force CC to look at her was amazing to see.

We've had a couple of incidents in handshake lines this season, and there are always scuffles and fights and unsportsmanlike behavior. But to rub the other team's star player's nose in that defeat on that stage was one of the most classless things I've seen in a long time.

It'll be interesting to see if the media, including the non-sports media, report on this. And if they do, what Kim Mulkey's response will be. Somehow I think I know.
He made it famous as a professional wrestler...which isn't far from being an actor. He got into acting due to him working for the WWE. And it does mean "you can't see me".

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree with you but Clark has done plenty of talking and taunting throughout the tournament herself. I think both players are fiery and play with emotion. It’s definitely not my style, but if you dish it you might also get it back.

Taunting/trash talk during the game is completely different to me than taunting/trash talk after the game's ended and the outcome is decided. Hope it's a learning experience for Reese who is a really terrific player and big personality.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was watching the game with a friend, at the end of the game.. I told her that a thread like this was coming. I was right. Im pretty meh about it. If she did that vs a team i rooted for, of course i would complain and seeth. Vs a team i don't care about.. Its whatever. Its not like Clark is some kind of angel

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Taunting/trash talk during the game is completely different to me than taunting/trash talk after the game's ended and the outcome is decided. Hope it's a learning experience for Reese who is a really terrific player and big personality.
I agree. There is a limit. I didn't like that Diana and Sue commented that she "earned" the right. To me you never have the right to humiliate another player who worked just as hard as you at the sport. That's why the word "Sportsmanship" exists. To follow somebody around the courst making gestures after the game is over is as low as I've seen a player behave short of violence. Some maturity is badly needed there. I hope it gets addressed.

Reaction Score
Clark did it too against Louisville, but Reese went over the top with it today. Do it once to make your point, but doing it so many times makes her look spiteful. Not a good look.

My guess is NCAA will tell refs to T up players next year for taunting or else it will get out of control.

Reaction Score
But did she get up in anyone’s face and follow them around?

I could see doing it once or twice, but following her around like she did is where the line should be drawn IMO.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Caitlin did it to Hailey van lith and told her to shut up so fair play to me
Reese following Clark down to her bench for 10 solid seconds to taunt her, while the rest of your teammates are
together literally celebrating the national title you just won, I feel like you could reasonably say that's a clear difference.

Reaction Score
Reese following Clark down to her bench for 10 solid seconds to taunt her, while the rest of your teammates are
together literally celebrating the national title you just won, I feel like you could reasonably say that's a clear difference.
Add to that Hailey and Caitlin are supposedly good friends (saw Hailey interviewed before their Iowa game and she said as much) The fact that they yap at each other all the time makes this situation much much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom