Angel, poster-woman | The Boneyard

Angel, poster-woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
For poor sportsmanship!
Is there a less likable player in the WNBA?
She flops to draw fouls worse than Vlade Divac, whines whenever she does not get a call and constantly hacks on defense

Reaction Score
For poor sportsmanship!
Is there a less likable player in the WNBA?
She flops to draw fouls worse than Vlade Divac, whines whenever she does not get a call and constantly hacks on defense

Many WNBA fans feel the same way about Diana Taurasi when it comes to all of the things you listed. And they may not be wrong. This is not meant to excuse Angel's behavior. Just to put it in context.

Reaction Score
It takes all kinds.

I do not look for reasons to not like a player, merely try to appreciate the talent on display.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
some tend to not like a "no-fear" type of player that gives their teams fits (even in defeat)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I thought when Angel scored 12 or 14 straight points for the Dream yesterday, she looked like an Angry Player(Women) instead of enjoying the moment where she was leading her team. Her shots were amazing, but I don't think she made any new fans for her or the Dream. Most players when they get on a roll, they show an emotional high or even some showboating, but that wasn't the case with Angel yesterday.

Reaction Score
there may be anger in angel, but most of all i see a focus that is very rare. she maintains that focus and determination to win every second that she's on the court. i would think that the display in the 3rd quarter would win many fans. not sure why anyone would be turned off by a lack of showing emotion or showboating. seems to me that we have too much of that in sport anyway. despite a lack of a show, i expect that she was quite enjoying herself, but in her mind the game was far from over.

Reaction Score
Angel is a great player and is clearly very difficult to stop when she gets ona roll but it looks like it's hurting her team when she goes one on one time and time again, While Minn. is clearly trying to involve all their players in the offense

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Dunno -- Izzy was more "hurtful."

As for liking or not liking Angel for what she does, that's a personal taste/opinion thang. Viewers are also making judgments/assumptions about what's going on in her head/heart -- which is fine. As long as they know it's quite possible they've totally misread the situation.

Heck, people dis on Whalen because she's so stoic. I guess it's inconvenient when a player doesn't act like we need them to.

I, personally, thought Angel showed incredible class when Catch went down. No one seems to have noticed, though.

Reaction Score
I guess Izzy never heard of the term that there is no I in Team:)

Reaction Score
Angel is a great player and is clearly very difficult to stop when she gets ona roll but it looks like it's hurting her team when she goes one on one time and time again, While Minn. is clearly trying to involve all their players in the offense

She has just hurt her team to a second consecutive WNBA Finals as an underdog.

Reaction Score
Dunno -- Izzy was more "hurtful."

As for liking or not liking Angel for what she does, that's a personal taste/opinion thang. Viewers are also making judgments/assumptions about what's going on in her head/heart -- which is fine. As long as they know it's quite possible they've totally misread the situation.

Heck, people dis on Whalen because she's so stoic. I guess it's inconvenient when a player doesn't act like we need them to.

I, personally, thought Angel showed incredible class when Catch went down. No one seems to have noticed, though.

Angel and Catch are great friends. Catch was in attendance at the KFC Yum Center when Angel's jersey was retired.

Reaction Score
obviosly you don't watch the W much...

:)

Who does? :D And if you did would you admit it? If anything Diana gets in FY refs mode, if you aren't going to protect me (like playing against Katie Smith) from the hipping and knees (like playing the old RUTGERS - seems like even they have calmed it down lately) I'm going to smack that chick myself. Angel is more a Singler/Reddick whinny/aggrevating type while Diana is more Rasheed Wallace ready to battle and duke it out with anyone type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom