Angel No Angel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Angel No Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
When players deliberately try to hurt other players, they need to come out, repeatedly. This should never be allowed. You can't stop people from being jerks, on the other hand, but when savage treatment of others verbally, etc. occurs, I like to see the players sit, for a long as it takes. Maya is magnificent because she has it all. She will never let a fan down. Never.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Very judgmental bunch. That's your right.

Yes, both Angel and D have a tendency to go off the handle when they believe there's crap falling on them. You can say they lack self-control.

Yeah. They lack self-control. That ain't terribly uncommon, is it? In fact, any human will lose control if pushed far enough, assuming they care about something enough.

I kind of like people who fight back when the crap is coming down. Lots of people -- most here and most out in the world -- can't tolerate that. Agreed, this angry behavior is annoying, as can be many types of behavior, but the instensity of the response bothers me. I think it's because I see an affinity for authoritarism in that reaction. I believe the outrage mostly is about authority being challenged, which terrifies some people. That's your right, but I'm bugged by the attitude -- my right. I think authority should be challenged regularly.

D and Angel ain't perfect -- is that any surprise? They don't have great self-control. I see far more serious flaws than this one. Being mean, cruel, intolerant, vengeful, malicious ... or, for me, always toeing the line and keeping your mouth shut simply because society, which doesn't like any boat rocked, has taught that is the 'proper' way to be. It's much easier to avoid the approbation by sticking to 'proper' behavior -- you're not judged unfavorably, society is undisturbed, everybody wins. I happen to have some fondness for those who don't take the easy way, though.

D and Angel are quicker to jump over the line this society has set as acceptable behavior. They also cool off and don't seem to hang onto a grudge -- another flaw, and another one I think is far worse than having faulty self-control.

My problem with Angel, and I think she's a great player, is the way she is able to score when she attacks the basket. She makes some ridiculous shots, which irritates me when I'm not rooting for her team (the usual situation), and she seems to be very successful at being 'fouled' and I always hate that, no matter who be the player drawing fouls by 'drawing contact,' the euphenismfor initiating contact. These players who always jump into a defender who is simply holding her space and yet get the foul call disgusts me, and I often go off the handle myself. Of course, only me and the cats witness it. Angel also seems to benefit from 'superstar' treatment on calls, which also disgusts me.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
well said Paco, go against the grain and you're not liked (it happens on this and other boards)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom