Andy Landers | The Boneyard

Andy Landers

Reaction Score
is it me or is this years panal boring?? I love when it was Rebecca and Kara!! They were awesome!! And Andy rubs me the wrong way!! I have a feeling he doesn't care much of UCONN. He's all about the SEC and anyone but UCONN!!! He loves Baylor!!! .... Enough Said!! I will say one thing about Baylor there bigs are slow and they get tired very easily .. But there guard play is great!! If Baylor makes it to Dallas it will be like a home game for them ... They will have the fan support... But the fact we have already played them and won is a good thing even though Baylor is a much better team when we faced them the second game of the season. Lauren Cox is better and if Brown stays out of foul trouble that could be the difference... She's a beast inside. I'm not worried about UCLA and Maryland .. But Baylor will be the team that can end the run... Everything is driving Baylor with the final four being in there back yard!! Like I say if your going to get the huskies this tourney get them now cause next year no one will come close to them ... Not even Baylor... They lose a lot of talent and we bring back so much more. They lose jones, Davis, Prince and Cane. They lose 3 starters. Next years UCONN team will be the deepest and most talented team GENO has had in a long time. U will most likely have 3 all Americans returning a player in Stevens who has the potential of being the national player of they year then u have probably the best freshman when it's all said and done next year ... U could see 5 potential all Americans next year!! Listen I hope our huskies win it but I think Baylor and having the final four in there back yard has the edge of it gets to that game. I don't see Baylor losing there next 2 games there path is much easier then ours. So if it comes down to us against Baylor in semis in my opinion that game will be the national champion.

Reaction Score
I've thought the same thing about Baylor. Their team scares me. I hope Geno can out coach Maulkey and have a solid plan for their 4 bigs & guards.

I would love for UCONN to win the 5 championship in a row. I just think that we got the shaft with our bracket.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Looking ahead just a bit, Baylor plays Louisville next, a game I think they will win. Louisville does not match up well against the Bears. Then they would face the winner of the Wash/MSST game. Again, I think Baylor can take either of these two. Barring an unforeseen upset, I see Baylor making the final four this time. If Turner is out for Notre Dame, I think Stanford and UConn are the only two schools that can beat Baylor.

I don't see ND coming out of their region. This was before Turner went down. If Turner is done for the year, ND is done for the year. They cannot win without her. They will not beat Standford, assuming they get by Ohio St., which is no guarantee. We'll see.

Reaction Score
I've thought the same thing about Baylor. Their team scares me. I hope Geno can out coach Maulkey and have a solid plan for their 4 bigs & guards.

I would love for UCONN to win the 5 championship in a row. I just think that we got the shaft with our bracket.
Wouldn't have matter we would have to face Baylor regardless ... Even if they were on the opposite bracket the national title will have to go through them. I don't see Notre Dame or South Carolina beating them.

Reaction Score
Looking ahead just a bit, Baylor plays Louisville next, a game I think they will win. Louisville does not match up well against the Bears. Then they would face the winner of the Wash/MSST game. Again, I think Baylor can take either of these two. Barring an unforeseen upset, I see Baylor making the final four this time. If Turner is out for Notre Dame, I think Stanford and UConn are the only two schools that can beat Baylor.

I don't see ND coming out of their region. This was before Turner went down. If Turner is done for the year, ND is done for the year. They cannot win without her. They will not beat Standford, assuming they get by Ohio St., which is no guarantee. We'll see.
U think?? UCONN already beat Baylor this season.., and UCONN isn't the same team neither is Baylor!! What Baylor will have on its side is basically a home game if they should meet in the semis. Other then that championship is between Baylor and UCONN if they both get there!!!

Carnac

Reaction Score
U think?? UCONN already beat Baylor this season.., and UCONN isn't the same team neither is Baylor!! What Baylor will have on its side is basically a home game if they should meet in the semis. Other then that championship is between Baylor and UCONN if they both get there!!!

A home game in a manor of speaking; as Bridgeport is to UConn. Yes, there will be a very large number of Baylor fans in attendance for that game, but there will also be a large contingent of UConn fans representing as well. Not only does UConn travel well, but there are UConn fans in every state, Texas not withstanding. I'm not worried about Baylor. We've got 5 starters that are playing lights out right now, that they have no clue of how to stop or contain.

They can't double team any of them. Any 1 (or 2) of the five can put up a twenty burger in the first half with little or no effort. Syracuse tried to press them tonight, how'd that work out? One thing Baylor cannot afford to do, fall behind like Syracuse did tonight in the first quarter, they'd be playing "catch up" the rest of the night. One of the hallmarks of this year's team is once they place their foot on your throat, they don't take it off. Mulkey will not out coach Geno.

As to South Carolina, Don't be surprised to see them get upset either. Coates and Gray going down really hurt them. Wilson's sidekick that she worked with and off of all season, is no longer there. Some think the Gamecocks will be better without Coates in the lineup. If that's the case, why didn't they pull her from the starting lineup earlier in the season? It's hard to lose two starters and maintain your chemistry and level of play. I could be wrong, but with their recent personnel losses, I just don't see them coming out of the Stockton region now.

Reaction Score
is it me or is this years panal boring?? I love when it was Rebecca and Kara!! They were awesome!! And Andy rubs me the wrong way!! I have a feeling he doesn't care much of UCONN. He's all about the SEC and anyone but UCONN!!! He loves Baylor!!! .... Enough Said!! I will say one thing about Baylor there bigs are slow and they get tired very easily .. But there guard play is great!! If Baylor makes it to Dallas it will be like a home game for them ... They will have the fan support... But the fact we have already played them and won is a good thing even though Baylor is a much better team when we faced them the second game of the season. Lauren Cox is better and if Brown stays out of foul trouble that could be the difference... She's a beast inside. I'm not worried about UCLA and Maryland .. But Baylor will be the team that can end the run... Everything is driving Baylor with the final four being in there back yard!! Like I say if your going to get the huskies this tourney get them now cause next year no one will come close to them ... Not even Baylor... They lose a lot of talent and we bring back so much more. They lose jones, Davis, Prince and Cane. They lose 3 starters. Next years UCONN team will be the deepest and most talented team GENO has had in a long time. U will most likely have 3 all Americans returning a player in Stevens who has the potential of being the national player of they year then u have probably the best freshman when it's all said and done next year ... U could see 5 potential all Americans next year!! Listen I hope our huskies win it but I think Baylor and having the final four in there back yard has the edge of it gets to that game. I don't see Baylor losing there next 2 games there path is much easier then ours. So if it comes down to us against Baylor in semis in my opinion that game will be the national champion.

Rebecca Lobo is superb. Landers won't be back. We'll just have to suffer through this tournament with him. Then it's bye-bye!!

Reaction Score
If you honestly think that UCONN can't win in a hostile environment then you need to go back and look a game tapes in the past. Please stop with "the sky is falling" rhetoric. Every team is "scary" during tournament time because the stakes are so high. I like our chances.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I hope Landers is a one and done.
There seems to be some tension between Lobo and he. Anyone else notice it?
I think they are playing it that way for effect.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
So what you really mean in the thread title is "Any Landers is better than Andy" ? :p

Carnac

Reaction Score
If you honestly think that UCONN can't win in a hostile environment then you need to go back and look a game tapes in the past. Please stop with "the sky is falling" rhetoric. Every team is "scary" during tournament time because the stakes are so high. I like our chances.

IMHO, UConn can beat ANY TEAM in the remaining 15. They are not concerned (at this time) with any of the remaining teams except UCLA. Who ever wins the NC, they will have to go through Baylor and or UConn. There's no way around that THIS year. There's no "back door", or side door entrance to winning the championship this year. You've got to go through the front door!!! Baylor/UConn will be there waiting for you in the lobby. :D

HGN

Reaction Score
I have certainly noticed it. I think she's getting tired of him.
I've noticed it too..............I was wondering whether they were just playing around or whether his barbs were genuinely out of dislike for Rebecca.

Reaction Score
Man, I'll take Hughes, his knowledge and his enthusiasm any day, any time, any where.
Add to that the unmistakeable appreciation of the beautiful basketball he is watching all the more significant because he is such an experienced pro. He validates what we have been watching all these years.

Reaction Score
ESPN couldn't get anyone else and they just said,"Oh well,any ol' Landers in a storm".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom