Andrew Nembhard transfers | The Boneyard

Andrew Nembhard transfers

Reaction Score

He's a crummy shooter, but is Nembhard the big guard we need for 2021?

Getting a Montverde kid would be huge for long-term prospects too.

ON EDIT: I got excited and forgot we don't have any other schollies open. Surprised he transferred this late in the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nembhard was supposed to be a star. Rated #23 by 247 in the class of 2018 and yet put up stats that don't come close to what was projected. Same for last year's star freshman, Scottie Lewis, rated #7 by 247.

Their coach, Mike White, gets a lot of accolades for recruiting but either doesn't know how to put the talent together or the recruits may be overrated. Look at Bouknight's stats versus those of Lewis and the clues point to better player evaluations by DH and staff.

Not sure DH would want Nembhard even if we had a scholarship.

Reaction Score
Nembhard was supposed to be a star. Rated #23 by 247 in the class of 2018 and yet put up stats that don't come close to what was projected. Same for last year's star freshman, Scottie Lewis, rated #7 by 247.

Their coach, Mike White, gets a lot of accolades for recruiting but either doesn't know how to put the talent together or the recruits may be overrated. Look at Bouknight's stats versus those of Lewis and the clues point to better player evaluations by DH and staff.

I think Lewis got better as the season went on. But boy did he look lost against UConn.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
White is a great recruiter but terrible in-game coach. Very Ollie-esque in that regard.

Reaction Score

Exhibit #2,383,393 that recruiting rankings don't mean SQUAT!!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Look at some film of Scottie Lewis in 2nd half of season - some kids take time to adjust
I would take Lewis in a heartbeat
Mike White is a good coach and knows talent
Neither he or DH walk on water - yet

Reaction Score
Exhibit #2,383,393 that recruiting rankings don't mean SQUAT!!!
Except when it’s does. As we see, there are More than a few coaches out there that have no clue how to develop players. They are looking for coin operated superstars. Look at DH vs. KO.

Reaction Score
Look at some film of Scottie Lewis in 2nd half of season - some kids take time to adjust
I would take Lewis in a heartbeat
Mike White is a good coach and knows talent
Neither he or DH walk on water - yet

I looked at his stats before I posted my comments and saw he did have better games in the second half but was up and down from game to game all year, with his longest streak of double figure games being four. He had 10 double figure games out of 30 and 3 of those were in the last 10 games and 8 of his last 20.

JB was much more consistent (though some might argue he didn't face the same level of competition in the AAC), and ended the year with 19 double figure games out of 28 played, including 12 in a row until the last game when he had only 8 against The Mighty Green Wave.

Bottom line may be they're two very good players with one having a better freshman year despite being ranked only #66 and the other #7 by 247 sports.

Reaction Score

Younger brother to Creighton for 2021 and I think they still have 1 more open for 2020 so could be a landing spot
Like Gonzaga, another top college basketball school that's been going hard recruiting internationally.

Reaction Score

Younger brother to Creighton for 2021 and I think they still have 1 more open for 2020 so could be a landing spot

Creighton has one spot left, but as far as I know we aren't in on his brother at all. We are waiting on Utah transfer Both Gach right now. Coach Mac has been pretty open to taking an empty scholarship into the season for any mid-year transfers too.

Pumped about snagging Ryan though. 2021 should be our best class ever, lots of mins on the perimeter to fill and it seems like talented guards are aware of the type of offensive system the Jays use and that they can thrive in it.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is my pick, I don't know where exactly he's from in Canada but seems like a suitable place (Transfer U)

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is my pick, I don't know where exactly he's from in Canada but seems like a suitable place (Transfer U)
Good work, @M.S.G.

In a few months, Few has turned the team's short-term and long-term outlook at backcourt from an area of weak to a strong area.

Reaction Score
Good work, @M.S.G.

In a few months, Few has turned the team's short-term and long-term outlook at backcourt from an area of weak to a strong area.

If he gets a waiver, him and Suggs will compliment eachother well

Reaction Score

He's from Eastern Canada, so he'll be farther from home than he was at Florida.

Reaction Score
Google Mapped it, it's actually nearly twice the distance to Gonzaga that it is Florida.

Home is home though!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom