Andre's composure early in the 2nd half | The Boneyard

Andre's composure early in the 2nd half

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I was more than a little concerned when Andre picked up those quick two fouls and headed to the bench -- thought it could have been a reprisal of the Marquette game when he only logged 15 minutes.

That said, I was very impressed when, at the 15 minute mark in the second half, he allowed Miami to get a couple layups uncontested instead of challenging them and potentially drawing his 3rd. Old Andre would not have shown that type of restraint, and it could have represented a pretty big momentum swing (especially if there was an and-1).

Instead, they closed within 12 points, Danny called a 30 second timeout and Andre stayed in the game for a critical juncture of the game. He finished with just 3 total fouls.

Hoping he stays on the floor more than 22 minutes in the national championship game.

Reaction Score
I was more than a little concerned when Andre picked up those quick two fouls and headed to the bench -- thought it could have been a reprisal of the Marquette game when he only logged 15 minutes.

That said, I was very impressed when, at the 15 minute mark in the second half, he allowed Miami to get a couple layups uncontested instead of challenging them and potentially drawing his 3rd. Old Andre would not have shown that type of restraint, and it could have represented a pretty big momentum swing (especially if there was an and-1).

Instead, they closed within 12 points, Danny called a 30 second timeout and Andre stayed in the game for a critical juncture of the game. He finished with just 3 total fouls.

Hoping he stays on the floor more than 22 minutes in the national championship game.
His decision to not go for a basket and to just control the ball and run clock with about 2-3 mins left was also a game winning play IMHO…great awareness and maturity

Reaction Score

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Agree. He always had the crazy athletic talent, and with experience has learned how to channel and best use it for the team.He brings a unique skill set and will be very hard to replace when he does move on.

Good local Amsterdam article
For Amsterdam native Jackson, a long road to the Final Four in the words of many who helped him along the way - The Recorder
Andre will make a good coach if he eventually goes that route. Love hearing how into it he was just listening on the bench.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom