Andreas Knappe gets first taste of action with Huskies (J. Fuller) | The Boneyard

Andreas Knappe gets first taste of action with Huskies (J. Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@LasseDK

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20140914/andreas-knappe-gets-first-taste-of-action-with-huskies

>>After spending his first two seasons at UConn training as a defensive lineman Knappe had to change his mentality a little while learning new techniques as an offensive player. “I have had to unlearn some defensive stuff but on the other hand, I have some baggage from that and it definitely helps me out too,” Knappe said.

“I feel like I am making progress, getting better as the day goes on. I can’t do anything but work as hard as I can. I think I am putting myself in a position where I can contribute to the team and that is all I can ask for.”<<

Reaction Score
I thought Knappe did ok. I only remember seeing him out there around a dozen or so plays - could've been more but I can only see so much from the lower corner of the stands. He got beat by speed at least twice, but he seemed to handle a straight bull rush alright. Another play, a blitzing defender came from the side clean, untouched - not sure if Knappe didn't see him or if Knappe thought he was going to get help but there was no RB to help out and Whitmer stood no chance. Didn't get much push on the couple of running plays I saw him in, but didn't get pushed back either. Glad to see the big guy on the field, hopefully he matures as the season goes on and is able to help us in the next two seasons!

Reaction Score
@LasseDK

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20140914/andreas-knappe-gets-first-taste-of-action-with-huskies

>>After spending his first two seasons at UConn training as a defensive lineman Knappe had to change his mentality a little while learning new techniques as an offensive player. “I have had to unlearn some defensive stuff but on the other hand, I have some baggage from that and it definitely helps me out too,” Knappe said.

“I feel like I am making progress, getting better as the day goes on. I can’t do anything but work as hard as I can. I think I am putting myself in a position where I can contribute to the team and that is all I can ask for.”<<
I thought that he played decently for his 1st game at OT. I thought that because of his height he was really close to getting a hands to the facemask/head area penalty more than once. He did handle the bull rushes real well for having a high ankle sprain he did really well. I hope that he will be just hitting his stride in the league games. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom