Andrea Hurley returns to TOP DOGS! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andrea Hurley returns to TOP DOGS!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
To be fair there was talk about his seat warming up with another first round exit
Yeah, people forget many of us were preparing for another flame out. 3 in a row would’ve had his seat on fire.

Hope he’s put that behind him. The championship buys him 3 years of security, minimum. You’d hate to see him retire too early because of stress.

Reaction Score
Yeah, people forget many of us were preparing for another flame out. 3 in a row would’ve had his seat on fire.

Hope he’s put that behind him. The championship buys him 3 years of security, minimum. You’d hate to see him retire too early because of stress.
He seems like the kind of person that is fueled by stress. I doubt it will ever not be a stressful job for him, but i imagine he would not know what to do with himself if that stress didn't exist. Considering how many jobs he's had in coaching, he's probably well aware of this from the time in between jobs.
Of course, a couple more championships and i'd guess some of that stress would naturally melt away.

Reaction Score
To be fair there was talk about his seat warming up with another first round exit
Warming up and getting canned after last year are not exactly the same thing tho

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Warming up and getting canned after last year are not exactly the same thing tho
Well after this year and last year he bought himself a good amount of time. Fingers crossed on the portal as without that next year could be a rough one. More than likely losing Donovan and Stephon. Definitely losing Spencer and Newton. Might be losing Alex although that one is probably in our favor as for staying. So with our current projected roster with no one leaving or coming through portal, our starting five would be Alex, SJohnson, Diarra, Nowell maybe Stewart. Competitive maybe but not a second weekend roster. But we will let the carpenter work on it and as noted he thinks they cracked the code to fielding competitive teams year in and year out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Getting fired by Rutty left a mark on Dan. On top of that he is wired to "prove himself" and regrets not doing that during his college career.

Reaction Score
The Rutgers thing was the head coach getting fired and everyone going down with him. There hasn’t been any “in between jobs” since then. He got the St. Benedict’s job after that (2001) and has stayed a head coach and moved up with every new position (Wagner 2010, URI 2012, UConn 2018) since then. He’s kind of wired to think that everything could fall apart at any moment but not quite as much now as before.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Well after this year and last year he bought himself a good amount of time. Fingers crossed on the portal as without that next year could be a rough one. More than likely losing Donovan and Stephon. Definitely losing Spencer and Newton. Might be losing Alex although that one is probably in our favor as for staying. So with our current projected roster with no one leaving or coming through portal, our starting five would be Alex, SJohnson, Diarra, Nowell maybe Stewart. Competitive maybe but not a second weekend roster. But we will let the carpenter work on it and as noted he thinks they cracked the code to fielding competitive teams year in and year out.
Not sure how I missed Ball, probably a reflection on how little playing time he has had recently. One month ago he would have been the first name after Alex. So substitute Diarra for Ball since Diarra is more of a point and I think Nowell will win that job. But Diarra on his current trajectory might get the starting role. I feel better but still have questions on if they are a second weekend team. We need some productive size. 6’9” rebounder who has a low post game and being greedy maybe they also bring a 30% three point shot. I love Ross length. I think he can be a + wing.

Reaction Score
I'm guilty of it. I genuinely thought that his attitude/sideline antics was going to cost him his job. I still think hes coaching with a handicap because of it, but I don't necessarily blame him either. For a guy that just won a chip he doesn't get much respect

Reaction Score
He didn’t buy himself time, he put the whole conversation to rest. He’s our coach for as long he wants to be.

Reaction Score
He’s not Ollie,
He didn’t buy himself time, he put the whole conversation to rest. He’s our coach for as long he wants to be.
He doesn’t have it in his blood to get distracted. And, he won’t be here forever. I don’t see him leaving for another school, possibly the NBA. But, I don’t want him to shorten his life by staying here longer than he should. It’s funny, as a junior high/ early high schooler - I hated him for his brother. When he got hired, those stupid thoughts came to mind.
While he got the program on the mend, I saw teams that played hard, but didn’t win the big ones. Patience is a virtue. Me might be spoiled, per Cooley, but we had our patience with the great Calhoun. There were questions if he’d ever win a title coming into his first.
I guess, I just want to say that I want Hurley around as long as he wants to be here. If we exit first round, well, it can happen. I just don’t see it this year. Sweet 16 minimum.

Reaction Score
This one is a banger. From an obsession with Superheroes to Dan's "weirdo room," as she puts it. I couldn't stop laughing. Buckle up.

I appreciate all of your work. This is an exceptional piece of sports journalism. But, don’t let it go to your head. (I don’t do emojis).

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I believe you are forgetting what happens around here after a few seasons of mediocrity and not making the tournament. Not saying he would not have a long leash, but your comment is fairly naive to think this fan base and state would just be quiet about the HC if we have a few down years. Even Calhoun survived a few attempts to get him to move on between #2 and #3.

Reaction Score
I believe you are forgetting what happens around here after a few seasons of mediocrity and not making the tournament. Not saying he would not have a long leash, but your comment is fairly naive to think this fan base and state would just be quiet about the HC if we have a few down years. Even Calhoun survived a few attempts to get him to move on between #2 and #
Ppl really shouldn’t chirp at Andrea at Whole Foods

Reaction Score
I believe you are forgetting what happens around here after a few seasons of mediocrity and not making the tournament. Not saying he would not have a long leash, but your comment is fairly naive to think this fan base and state would just be quiet about the HC if we have a few down years. Even Calhoun survived a few attempts to get him to move on between #2 and #3.
Between 2 and 3 Calhoun was as old as Hurley will be in 15 years and he could have stayed regardless of the talk….Hurley isn’t going to coast as a coach he only knows one way and that’s all out….its naive to think Hurley isn’t our coach for the next 15 years unless he doesn’t want to be anymore

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Between 2 and 3 Calhoun was as old as Hurley will be in 15 years and he could have stayed regardless of the talk….Hurley isn’t going to coast as a coach he only knows one way and that’s all out….its naive to think Hurley isn’t our coach for the next 15 years unless he doesn’t want to be anymore
Never really said he would not be our coach for the next 15 years. As you agreed with there was noise about Calhoun when there should never have been. I can assure you I was never in the Calhoun should retire camp. I was just saying this fan base is fickle and what Hurley is doing is very hard. If there are multiple losing seasons or two years without a ncaa tourney invite let’s find this thread. Not saying he will be gone but saying people would be discussing that possibility.

Reaction Score
Never really said he would not be our coach for the next 15 years. As you agreed with there was noise about Calhoun when there should never have been. I can assure you I was never in the Calhoun should retire camp. I was just saying this fan base is fickle and what Hurley is doing is very hard. If there are multiple losing seasons or two years without a ncaa tourney invite let’s find this thread. Not saying he will be gone but saying people would be discussing that possibility.
And this thread will have nothing to do with anyone that makes a decision for the university….i don’t think the AD or the university will have questions about keeping Hurley employed no matter who makes threads about it on the boneyard if we have a lean year or two at some point down the line

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
And this thread will have nothing to do with anyone that makes a decision for the university….i don’t think the AD or the university will have questions about keeping Hurley employed no matter who makes threads about it on the boneyard if we have a lean year or two at some point down the line
I would agree anyone in a decision making position at the University of Connecticut will not use what is written on this forum as a basis for making any decision related to their athletic department. Not sure I suggested that in any way. I was only commenting on what would be written about in this forum after a few poor seasons. We do it after one or two bad losses.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

He was the coach, the pressure was on him, they were in the midst of a brutal stretch and he was worried it was slipping away and (accurately) thought aloud "if I don't get things going here I'm gonna be out of the job, you have to win here."

I'm not sure what you're going back and forth about.

It was what came out his head, and it was more than reasonable a thought to have in that situation. He didn't say "I am certain I will get fired tomorrow."

Reaction Score
He was the coach, the pressure was on him, they were in the midst of a brutal stretch and he was worried it was slipping away and (accurately) thought aloud "if I don't get things going here I'm gonna be out of the job, you have to win here."

I'm not sure what you're going back and forth about.

It was what came out his head, and it was more than reasonable a thought to have in that situation. He didn't say "I am certain I will get fired tomorrow."
Sure a lot of people would have had that thought as things were going poorly. It was just surprising to hear the honest thought of a guy who was always guarded and have that peak behind the curtain

What we were going back and forth about had nothing to do with that though.

Reaction Score
Andrea working the coaches vs. cancer booth at the arena.

Reaction Score
Andrea working the coaches vs. cancer booth at the arena.
My friends were just hanging out with her and they were all talking about hanging out together at last years final 4. She's super approachable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom