Andre should return saturday | The Boneyard

Andre should return saturday

Reaction Score
the cavalry isnt exactly coming over the hill. this year= bouk > aj + akok

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the cavalry isnt exactly coming over the hill. this year= bouk > aj + akok
If you think outside the box on this for a minute, you're thinking of a young, deer in headlights ajax with fear of a quick hook, which Hurley definitely had. Now it's different. He may have told Ajax to just play freely and not be afraid of the pull. Hurley isn't stupid, he knows we need his talent and athleticism right now.

Take the good with the bad, hopefully more good then bad.

Reaction Score
AJ will be an elite perimeter defender.
i don't doubt this at all, but i'm slightly skeptical that "will be" turns out to be the next few games before bouk gets back.

my formula was meant more as a statement on bouk's importance than on the value of aj and akok

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd imagine Adams' minutes will take the biggest hit.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I'd imagine Adams' minutes will take the biggest hit.
Polley. I expect to see a bunch of Martin, Jackson, Sanogo/Whaley. Jackson is long and athletic enough to guard these stretch 4s in conference.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you think outside the box on this for a minute, you're thinking of a young, deer in headlights ajax with fear of a quick hook, which Hurley definitely had. Now it's different. He may have told Ajax to just play freely and not be afraid of the pull. Hurley isn't stupid, he knows we need his talent and athleticism right now.

Take the good with the bad, hopefully more good then bad.
It was unwise for DH or any coach to have such a quick hook on any high level athlete - how do they learn how to play in real game situations?
I don't feel Hurley was stupid but it's DH being DH and at this level he has to learn that sometimes the old DH doesn't work quite well enough.
An injury situation should not force a coach to do the right thing- he's been coaching long enough to know how to treat what was presented as exceptional athleticism/talent. I was thinking before the injury that Andre may be considering a transfer.
Now that it appears he will be given the opportunity it's up to Dre to take full advantage of it.

Reaction Score
Adams will take the biggest hit ie 99% of his minutes, when bouk comes back
Yup, but also think Jackson's return will take away 8-10 of Adams' minutes. He's been playing 30mpg since Bouk went down.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think Andre should watch Tyrese Martin like a hawk and model himself after his game. That style of play will be his quickest path to getting significant minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom