Andre: player of the game | The Boneyard

Andre: player of the game

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
That kid, he is The Answer.

I'm still amazed at hard his passes are. Even the short ones.

Reaction Score
DF2E41CC-C1B0-4809-B1CB-0AEEDA53ED69.jpeg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AJ was great in the 1st half but way to uneven in the second
Newton had a really good 2nd half
Karaban had a killer shot
Hawkins was steady, scouted 19 and played some good D
Tough to say who was POG but I vote Hawk

Reaction Score
It was Newton he played through so many hacks and came up big, consistent in both halves. 1 turnover makes him my POG today. Can’t make those turnovers 2nd half like AJ and Sanogo and think either could be. And AJs first half was spectacular!

Reaction Score
Sorry Andre was nice in first half but then he was trying to make too many flashy passes and couldn't handle the press. HE turned the ball over 3 times in a row in the second half. He has to do better. I thought Hawkins was player of the game.

Reaction Score
He was great the first half. His 4 TO's though were during the Providence run, and most of them were awful.

Again, the first 3 was very deliberate and was one he could really step into it. A few of the other attempts were off the dribble and moving around. Wish he would just stay with shots like the first.

Finally, I'm glad they one. Now he and the guards (because of all the switching) need to NOT LET KOLEK GO LEFT! Hurley and Jackson are smart. This has to be in the gameplan for tomorrow. Kolek is going to get some points no matter what, but he is a much different player when he's allowed to go left.

Reaction Score
Andre is the reason they built a 26 point lead. Pushing it, breaking down their D, hustling for steals and rebounds, ripping their hearts out. It was actually an unbelievable spectacular display.

He got careless in the 2nd half, he no longer attacked (and perhaps that was by design), but he was the key for this game.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Just got home from MSG and about to watch the game on DVR. Mostly because Andre was a ping pong ball live and I know the replays will be even better. Every time it got down to 5, he found a way to keep it there or add to it on both sides of the ball.

Reaction Score
9/11/6 with 3 steals might be the most "andre jackson" stat line of all time.

Reaction Score
I do want to shout out Adama. Hands weren't great but he played nose tackle today. Stood his ground while occupying 1 or 2 Friars at a time in the paint.

Reaction Score
I do want to shout out Adama. Hands weren't great but he played nose tackle today. Stood his ground while occupying 1 or 2 Friars at a time in the paint.
He also shot 5/5. Should’ve tried to get him
the ball a bit more to slow the game down.

Reaction Score
When the game is at "Andre pace", as was displayed in the first half, it is a frightening master piece. One of the best 1st half dismantling of a tournament team in BE memory, O and D.
What an absolute display of the mix of these characters, and each of their strengths, jelling at the same time for 20 minutes, and what could happen.
The pace, the options available, good decisions....have mercy on the opponent.

8 minutes in the 2nd half.....meh....see ya, nice try, gotta play tomorrow......you need to go home and get some rest.

Reaction Score
Andre was key to building 26 point lead, but Hawkins, Karaban, and Newton carried the team and the end after the momentum died and prevented a devastating collapse.Newton playing through an injury and fighting like mad for lose balls and rebounds and end of game was quite impressive. I would call it a team win. JC and Alleyne had some nice minutes off bench too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom