Andre Johnson Has Entered the Transfer Portal > Utah Valley University | The Boneyard

Andre Johnson Has Entered the Transfer Portal > Utah Valley University

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I just retired to social security I am looking at his press corp to do my vid

Reaction Score
Go have fun…

Real solid landing spot for Andre Johnson.

Utah Valley had two straight 20+ wins in Mark Madsen's final seasons at the helm and went .500 in new coach Todd Phillips' first season. The WAC is starting to fall apart with SFA heading to the Southland this season and GCU/Seattle joining the WCC next season, but it's still a decent mid-major league.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Real solid landing spot for Andre Johnson.

Utah Valley had two straight 20+ wins in Mark Madsen's final seasons at the helm and went .500 in new coach Todd Phillips' first season. The WAC is starting to fall apart with SFA heading to the Southland this season and GCU/Seattle joining the WCC next season, but it's still a decent mid-major league.
Let's be honest, any D1 scholarship is a great landing spot for a walk-on. Kudos to him on earning it.

Reaction Score
I can never hate on a guy for wanting to actually play, but being a CT kid and having the chance to 3-peat while riding the bench absolutely beats going across the country to play for a mid major in my mind. Wish him all the best.

Reaction Score
There's a nice article this week on him in the Waterbury Republican-American.

“I am confident in all the decisions I make. UConn was a great decision, because I couldn’t pass up winning two rings. I don’t regret it at all, because I learned so much, met lifelong friends and made great connections at UConn But I am ready for people to see me perform.”

Reaction Score
Bit surprised he didn’t go to a higher level program. He’s a good player and has played with the best of the best and knows what winning is about. I’d lay money he will be very productive.

Reaction Score
I can never hate on a guy for wanting to actually play, but being a CT kid and having the chance to 3-peat while riding the bench absolutely beats going across the country to play for a mid major in my mind. Wish him all the best.

Post/handle...

Have you ever played competitive sports? I wonder, because I would bet 99.9% of competitive sports athletes would take an opportunity to get a d1 scholarship and actually see meaningful court time in real games vs. being a practice player and riding the pine except for a minute here and there at the end of the game.

The fact that he got to be in the latter role on a NCAA championship team not once but twice makes his decision an absolute no-brainer

Also, getting to spend some time in one of the most beautiful places on earth while doing it [I did my grad school at the U of Utah, so I know this first-hand) is a great perk!

Reaction Score
Some strange takes here. This is an awesome landing slot. Going from a walk-on to a scholarship player at a legit mid-major program is almost unheard of. Huge props to him.

And it’s an easy decision for him too. No way you turn down any D1 offer to ride the bench as a walk on - even at UConn.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Better to reign in [Utah] than serve in [Connecticut]

Reaction Score

Players want to play. Period. You're embarassing yourself with this disrespectful take.

Reaction Score

Players want to play. Period. You're embarassing yourself with this disrespectful take.

Yeah, you don’t want to be “that guy”! (Post/handle)

Reaction Score

Yeah, you don’t want to be “that guy”! (Post/handle)

You are the second person to either quote or respond to me intue last 20 minutes without actually quoting my post. I feel like I'm in the Twilight zone.

Reaction Score
I thought Richie Springs would get some good minutes when he transferred, not so much. Hope Andre does better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBF

Top Bottom