Andre Jackson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
It's started to click for him the last third of the season.
I think the realization that he is our secondary ballhandler has given him a ton of confidence. Since he's been trusted to have so much responsibility with the ball, he's really starting to figure out what he can and can't get away with at this level.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson impact is always beyond the boxscore him playing under control last night is a sign of gaining experience. Need more of that just has to avoid early foul trouble, and not trying to do to much.
Playing under control is the obvious key w him

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Andre Jackson really impressed last night. Haven't looked at any stats, because I'm sure they won't paint the same picture. But by my picture, I believe that may have been AJ best game as a Husky last night.....
It was . By far. And thank you for saying that. Because I’ve seen a lot of takes about last night on here, and I was less than enthralled with certain aspects of the way we played last night. But nows not the time for dissection of that . I was ecstatic we won comfortably and by not even close to playing our best game ( floor and coaching) . Survive and advance. We played hard and tough.

Andre Jackson was an absolute terror last night. The player of the game wasn’t Cole who was decent or better, or Martin who was very good , actually really good, it was Andre. It was so apparent sitting in MSG that he is operating on a different plane than everyone else. So much faster . So much more court aware. He was a nightmare on D for hall. Deflecting everything. D’ing up solid on iso. He set the tone for toughness and effort and the team followed.

Big fan. We are just scratching surface here.

Reaction Score
If you don't start your discussion of Andre Jackson with a defense comment, you are missing the bigger impact. His energy and tenaciousness - Tazmanian Devil like - pulls the other 4 along with him. If you stridently whine about turnovers, you miss how improved he has become. He is the best at entry passes to Sanogo and getting the pass precisely to catch and shoot 3 ball shooters. This year had a change moment: it was when Hurley and team confidently pushed AJ into the role of d-offense change agent in ball press to the frontcourt. Last night was my favorite game of 2022 (not because we were making shots), it was that all 6 prime players were dialed in and helped each other. Jackson did go strong last night. His shot ... go watch last years shooting. That awkward push shot isn't what he did last year. It is a work in process - imho.

Reaction Score
I loved Raftery's statement about the court being too small for him. Jackson has a rare combination of physical skills. On a 100-110 foot court he would have a handful of highlight reel dunks every game.

I just hope the refs don't break out the whistles tonight because it's Nova. I was impressed with the crew last night, letting both teams to be physical, but keeping control of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom