Andre Jackson | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson really impressed last night. Haven't looked at any stats, because I'm sure they won't paint the same picture. But by my picture, I believe that may have been AJ best game as a huskie last night.....

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson really impressed last night. Haven't looked at any stats, because I'm sure they won't paint the same picture. But by my picture, I believe that may have been AJ best game as a Husky last night.....
I would say was definitely his best all around game. If he could play like that all the time it would bring a different dimension to the team. Only had one boneheaded pass ( although he got bailed out on a couple others) but he was much more in control last night and made many good things happen as a result.

Reaction Score
The improvement he's had over this season has been very impressive. Cut down on turnovers, plays unselfish hoops and is all over the court! He looked like he was having a blast out there last night!! Happy for him, kid works his tail off. Can't wait to see what the future brings for AJ

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
He was extraordinary, and a joy to watch. So happy he is ours. I said this months ago, he is the Husky I would least like to face one on one.

Add to that, Tyrese had a look about him, last night. In his face, body language, everything. He was cool, calculating, relaxed and ready to take on every challenge.

Seton Hall showed me, last night, that they are a well coached, very capable team. The Huskies were just that much better.

Reaction Score
He impacts the game in so many ways, it’s immeasurable. He did seem to be everywhere. What’s impressed me recently is his attitude and leadership. He’s acting like a man now, not a kid. From the way he discusses things with refs to communication with teammates, to his constant hustle, he’s becoming a strong leader in front of our eyes.

Reaction Score
Whats our stats goal for him next year. I struggle to figure out what a prime jackson looks like next year as an upperclassman.... roughly I am thinking 10-5.5-5.5-1-1.5. I think that player is roughly all conference and also in play for Jackson but still needs a great offseason

Reaction Score
Whats our stats goal for him next year. I struggle to figure out what a prime jackson looks like next year as an upperclassman.... roughly I am thinking 10-5.5-5.5-1-1.5. I think that player is roughly all conference and also in play for Jackson but still needs a great offseason
He has to figure out how to create for himself and score off the dribble. He can't be so predictable where everyone knows he's looking to pass that he makes it easy on the defense.

Besides that, the stat that I'm looking at is turnovers. If he cuts those down and makes the smart play instead of the highlight-reel play, he'll be a consistent winning player and not merely an exciting one.

Reaction Score
I think in the game last night a hot mic picked up Luke Murray telling AJ, "Nothing Casual!" He was not casual with the ball at all yesterday, outside of his one harlem globetrotter pass

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Really impressive all around game from AJax last night.

It's tough to keep a motor like his going, hope he brings that again tonight. Same with Tyreese.

Imagine if that dunk went in... goshdarn

Reaction Score
I think in the game last night a hot mic picked up Luke Murray telling AJ, "Nothing Casual!" He was not casual with the ball at all yesterday, outside of his one harlem globetrotter pass
he was talking to rj, who made a casual handoff pass on the perimeter that was almost stolen.

Reaction Score
There were multiple plays where he wasn't even in the picture on my tv and he came flying in out of nowhere with a blocked shot or rebound. Just played at a different speed and seemed to unlock his superior athleticism. Turned to my wife at one point and said "he's Batman." Martin was also extraordinary on D last night. Gave Rhoden fits and clearly had him frustrated. Didn't bite on pump fakes which will be even more important against Nova.

Reaction Score
He was everywhere!
2672527C-1B03-40D1-8151-45CFC8761F68.png

Reaction Score
He has to figure out how to create for himself and score off the dribble. He can't be so predictable where everyone knows he's looking to pass that he makes it easy on the defense.

Besides that, the stat that I'm looking at is turnovers. If he cuts those down and makes the smart play instead of the highlight-reel play, he'll be a consistent winning player and not merely an exciting one.

Last 5 games he's averaged 5 AST and less than 1 TO. I would expect much better next season.

In the last 10 games he's averaged 1.8 TO and 4.1 assists.

It's started to click for him the last third of the season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The game is more to watch when he’s in. Going to eventually end up as one of my favorite huskies if he keeps it up
I think he’s Gus Johnson’s favorite Husky already!

Reaction Score
There were multiple plays where he wasn't even in the picture on my tv and he came flying in out of nowhere with a blocked shot or rebound. Just played at a different speed and seemed to unlock his superior athleticism. Turned to my wife at one point and said "he's Batman." Martin was also extraordinary on D last night. Gave Rhoden fits and clearly had him frustrated. Didn't bite on pump fakes which will be even more important against Nova.
That was one of the most athletic halves of basketball I've ever seen by a college basketball player. No, that's not hyperbole.

Reaction Score

I hope he does learn to score more. I think it's far fetched that he will have a better looking shot next year. I feel like they would've fixed it already. He is a sophomore after all. But I love how you call him a winning player. Perfect term. He reminds of outfielder Shane Victorino, he wasn't the greatest hitter on those Phillies teams but he did everything to help them win. Diving catches, stolen bases, outfield assists, he did it all. I hated facing him (as an opposing fan)

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
He was great last night - so much energy and he's really tightening up on the TOs and kid moves. If they can turn his mindset into a scoring one he could be a Great, I honestly think so there is so much potential there. Wish that dunk had gone in too but even so just seeing him going for them last night I feel like maybe we're seeing him turn that corner?

Can't wait to see what they bring tonight!

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson impact is always beyond the boxscore him playing under control last night is a sign of gaining experience. Need more of that just has to avoid early foul trouble, and not trying to do to much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom