Andre Jackson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
I think he could be a part of the rotation if he comes back in 6 weeks. If its longer, he might as well redshirt (as long as we don't have other injuries come up with our wings). He's not a project though. He was only given one game to play in against Central. Against UHart he got in foul trouble immediately (it happens) and then we started playing good teams and Hurley couldn't find a place for him. If he was given 4-5 low d1 teams to play against before conference games and didn't get injured he would be more than fine.
no need to redshirt this season .everybody gets a freebie do to covid

Reaction Score
I think he could be a part of the rotation if he comes back in 6 weeks. If its longer, he might as well redshirt (as long as we don't have other injuries come up with our wings).
I can't believe anyone on this board is still talking about redshirts this season. It's been pointed out numerous times in the last couple months that everyone is getting a free year that doesn't count against your 4 years of eligibility. To quote our beloved former Hall of Fame coach, "It's been written about. It's been talked about. Don't shake your ----ing head."

I'll post the article again (I think this is about the 10th time I've done this).

NCAA rule-makers previously voted to allow all spring sport athletes and fall sport athletes to maintain a year of eligibility, no matter what portion of their season was impacted by the pandemic. The same rule will apply for any athlete who participates in a sport in the upcoming winter season. Calhoun said the council didn't want athletes opting to redshirt this year because of fears that their seasons might be cut short or otherwise negatively impacted by the pandemic.

"We felt it was important to make this decision now so student-athletes had the peace of mind to go into this season and compete," Calhoun told ESPN on Wednesday. "They know they can regain that eligibility and have their clock automatically extended, so they're not taking that chance on the front end if they choose to compete."

Reaction Score
The crazy thing is we don't even miss him. I wish him a quick recovery and I think he will be a good player for us in time, however. I hope his offense develops at a rapid pace because we need a bucket getter.... Until then it's Bouk and PolleyBall szn.
That really is the crazy part. We are 5-1 with a 2 point loss to Creighton, a top 10 team. We have looked good so far, and all of this has been without Akok, and very little production from Andre Jackson.

Reaction Score
That really is the crazy part. We are 5-1 with a 2 point loss to Creighton, a top 10 team. We have looked good so far, and all of this has been without Akok, and very little production from Andre Jackson.
And its not like theyre just some decent role players either. Those are two guys with All American level talent.

Reaction Score
I can't believe anyone on this board is still talking about redshirts this season. It's been pointed out numerous times in the last couple months that everyone is getting a free year that doesn't count against your 4 years of eligibility. To quote our beloved former Hall of Fame coach, "It's been written about. It's been talked about. Don't shake your ----ing head."

I'll post the article again (I think this is about the 10th time I've done this).

NCAA rule-makers previously voted to allow all spring sport athletes and fall sport athletes to maintain a year of eligibility, no matter what portion of their season was impacted by the pandemic. The same rule will apply for any athlete who participates in a sport in the upcoming winter season. Calhoun said the council didn't want athletes opting to redshirt this year because of fears that their seasons might be cut short or otherwise negatively impacted by the pandemic.

"We felt it was important to make this decision now so student-athletes had the peace of mind to go into this season and compete," Calhoun told ESPN on Wednesday. "They know they can regain that eligibility and have their clock automatically extended, so they're not taking that chance on the front end if they choose to compete."

I propose we institute a 24-hour ban on anyone who suggests a player redshirt this year. @temery, make it happen!

Reaction Score

So what's your point??

Reaction Score
I am thinking that the OP has 1232 messages and did not know this?

Reaction Score
Anyone know why the pirates have been benching Clemente for the past 50 years? Dude is a stud.

Reaction Score
knuckleheads

seriously i want to see a andre jackson dunk vs providence, gtown, seton hall ...and pitt, syracuse that is all

Reaction Score
Anyone notice how close Hurley is keeping him during the Butler game? He is very much oriented in the game from a coaching point of view. He isn’t twiddling his thumbs like past injured players

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom