Andre Jackson Naismith DPOY Finalist | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Naismith DPOY Finalist

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I haven't seen him enough, but his metrics are good but not stellar. Def Box+/- is +4. As for steals, 34 isn't all that many. Linehan had 137 his last season. Jackson Def Box+/- is +5.5, 24 steals. I noticed that Clifton Moore isn't far behind Carter on defensive metrics.

Reaction Score
I watch a lot of PC games, hell, I watch a lot Big East games. Devin Carter is a very good defender IMO. People don't realize how athletic he is, in fact he is a good all around well rounded player.

It should be a good one when PC visits Gampel later in February.

BTW, thanks very much for the parking advice in Providence (the mall parking). It was fun hanging out in Federal Hill and going to the game even though the wrong team won ;)

Reaction Score
I haven't seen him enough, but his metrics are good but not stellar. Def Box+/- is +4. As for steals, 34 isn't all that many. Linehan had 137 his last season. Jackson Def Box+/- is +5.5, 24 steals. I noticed that Clifton Moore isn't far behind Carter on defensive metrics.

Jackson's Defensive Efficiency Rating is also better than Carters, same with Defensive Win Share.

Reaction Score
I’m fairly new to EvanMiya.com, but these are the Big East leaders in defensive rating according to his site.
C46E7667-A741-4943-9FD3-BCF204861996.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You asked about metrics, I gave you the best college hoops stats site. I don’t care, because I don’t think Jackson’s defense has been good the last several weeks. He doesn’t deserve to win. I don’t know who does.

Reaction Score
I don't think there are currently any great defensive players in college. So this award would be for best mediocre defender.

Reaction Score
I have noticed that lately Jackson isn’q quite as intimidating as he once was... I’ve seen a few times, players blowing by him with relative ease, and him playing catch up and fouling.

I always happy to see one of players recognized and happy for Jackson. I still think for short term he should be coming off the bench until his shooting and ball handling improves.

Reaction Score
Hopkins is a very talented offensive player.. Can get his shot ..Andre's talent is in other areas.. They're both uniquely talented... Let's go with that

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

One metric posted in this thread is bad, so all metrics suck.

Didn't you guys talk up Minaya last year like he was the best defender in the country? Now you throw him to the side for the current flavor. I wonder who next year's "best defender since Linehan" will be.

Reaction Score
One metric posted in this thread is bad, so all metrics suck.

Didn't you guys talk up Minaya last year like he was the best defender in the country? Now you throw him to the side for the current flavor. I wonder who next year's "best defender since Linehan" will be.
Minaya was a great defender

Reaction Score
Just shows that good pr is more important than good play in this stuff. He isn’t even the DPOY on his own team.
Really?

Can’t say your shtick is without its amusement value, and think it has a legitimate place on the yard. Go after the administration, the conference, and yeah the even the coach. He’s a big boy who is well compensated.

But trashing one of our kids? Nope. Over the line.

Reaction Score
Devin Carter deserved to be on the list. So did Andre Jackson. The original post was meant to point out how bizarre it is that PC fans cannot argue anything without bringing UConn into it. Insinuating that Andre’s shooting ability makes him less deserving of a defensive award is… stupid.

Watching basketball and thinking Devin Carter is a better defender than Andre Jackson is… stupid.

Reaction Score
Who cares about everyone else...our guy has been recognized..nice Andre!!! Enjoy the accolades and ignore the morons..

Reaction Score
Dre is maybe my favorite Husky but I don’t think this type of award nomination means that much to him at this point, he would trade it for a win and he knows that his whole package of skills judged together to bring those wins is what’s important right now.

Reaction Score
To the PC fans saying Carter deserved to be on this list. Its a full season award, not just inside BE play. Carter was not a great defender in the 11 OOC games but he found it in BE play.

Hes in the convo for conference DPOY for sure, because thats based on conference play. Although I suspect Kalk retains.

Carter will get on this list next year if he keeps it up

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And he could say it’s a full season award, not just BE games

Reaction Score
Yes much like I stated in the actual post that its a full year award…or did you just pick and choose what parts to read?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom