Andre Jackson Naismith DPOY Finalist | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Naismith DPOY Finalist

Reaction Score
He has recently started to develop bad habits on D that he didn’t have earlier in year. He’s trying to make the big play and let’s his guy have step and he thinks his leaping ability can make up with a block. It worked a few times but most times its a foul. However, he was a menace on the press and in the 1-3-1.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I wonder if the game film of Kalkbrenner vs Sanogo is part of what voters will be reviewing.

Reaction Score
May be shocking to some on here given the talk about him, but it's true

I felt bad for him last night. He looked so defeated with the ball last night. He literally got the ball at one point turned expecting a defender and no one was there and you could see him think about shooting but instead just took a dribble turned and passed the ball to Newton. That has to be the low point in the season for him. When guys just sag off of you daring you to shoot its a slap in the face. I think its safe to say he will be coming back next season. NO way in the world is he in any way ready for the NBA.

Reaction Score
Andre has had to defend excellent players all year. We can point to anecdotal evidence - Brandon Miller, Sceierman, etc. - as well as analytic evidence. Evan Miyakawa rates the quality of opponents a player has had to defend here.

Interesting to see Jordan on this list too…lots of love for the BE on here.

Reaction Score
Who was guarding Souley Boum last night? I think if was Newton not Jackson.

Seems like Karaban also gets stuck a lot on other teams top scorers.

Reaction Score
The one using blocks and steals as a measure of defensive ability. And to be clear I'm not saying Carter is bad on defense or anything, but this isn't an award of most blocks and steals

Reaction Score
Andre only knows how to play one style of defense. In your face, aggressive, swarming, and unfortunately foul prone.

His next evolution defensively is to play intelligent defense. Scout your opponent better. Know their tendencies and exploit it. Make them drive with their weak hand. Understand where your help defense is. Understand time and situation. Play with controlled, focused aggression.

Reaction Score
Andre only knows how to play one style of defense. In your face, aggressive, swarming, and unfortunately foul prone.

His next evolution defensively is to play intelligent defense. Scout your opponent better. Know their tendencies and exploit it. Make them drive with their weak hand. Understand where your help defense is. Understand time and situation. Play with controlled, focused aggression.
Agreed - and it can't wait nor should it have to wait until next year. It should happen next game - or reduce his minutes. Hurley has to manage things that way. Period. Players are not dumb and will respond.

Reaction Score
Even with his faults, he is still a good defender. This list really seems like take the top 15 defenses and choose a player. Literally only one non-power 5 conference player in Sharp, who averages over 4 blocks a game. Take this list with a grain of salt.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Who was guarding Souley Boum last night? I think if was Newton not Jackson.

Seems like Karaban also gets stuck a lot on other teams top scorers.
It was Newton, and in the early part of the game he did a fantastic job. Boum didn't score for the first 1/4 of game or so.

Reaction Score
I do, but I also think they're 2 of the best defenders in the Big East so it's splitting hairs. I'm just saying there's plenty of stats to show why Carter should have made the watch list that aren't blocks and steals

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom