Andre Jackson Might be better thatn Bouknight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Might be better thatn Bouknight

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
11 scouts at the game last night? I cringed when i heard that..... I can't imagine Bouk will allow himself to be drafted as far down the line as coming out this year will put him when coming out next year - if he progresses at this rate - makes him a late lottery pick. Is Jackson a 1 & D type? I didn't see that in his eval.. It'd be great if they staggerred.. each 2 yr players.

Reaction Score
Different players.

Bouk is a smooth wing who can shoot and drive. Needs work on defense. Very good in transition.

Jackson is a pass-first slasher. Very good defender. Nasty in transition.

Reaction Score
This is about collecting talent. The best UConn teams have defined go-to players who took and made big shots. There was always a number one option, (e.g. Hamilton, Butler, Kemba) but also a second option who can take and step up without missing a beat (e.g. El-Amin, Gordon, Nappier). It's about having top end talent to compete night in and night out and having guys who can take over games when things aren't going well to stymie another team's rally with big shots, while also hitting daggers to keep momentum going. That's the key about Jackson and, to an extent, Cole. They will become the other options Bouknight needs to keep defenses honest. I trust highly in Hurley's talent evaluation. Guys he has recruited hard, even the ones who did not come here, all look like players. Says a lot about the staff's talent evaluation and should gives us all optimism that guys like Javonte Brown Ferguson and Springs can play.

Reaction Score
11 scouts at the game last night? I cringed when i heard that..... I can't imagine Bouk will allow himself to be drafted as far down the line as coming out this year will put him when coming out next year - if he progresses at this rate - makes him a late lottery pick. Is Jackson a 1 & D type? I didn't see that in his eval.. It'd be great if they staggerred.. each 2 yr players.

Jackson is a 2 year player unless his ball control and shooting changes at an abnormally high rate. He will need time to adjust to better level of play and get the reps needed to tighten up his 3 ball

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
We have a bald eagle in hand and are busy staring at the two in the bush

Reaction Score
Jackson will be starting from Day 1. There just aren't more than 5 guys in D1 that have his type of size/athleticism. It is, in itself, a dominant asset. Add in his passing and dribbling ability and you just can't have him on the bench. I don't even care if he can shoot at all.

Here's the lineup I'm excited for. All bouncy athletes, all mobile, good size

Run & Gun
RJ Cole
Bouknight
Jackson
Richie Springs
Pork Chop

Reaction Score
My source (a chair) tells me AJ was the best player in pickup when he came on his official. Told he’s a Lamborghini that just needs to get registered

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Andre will be a better defender, passer & dunker than Bouk next year.
He already is. I hope that stiff Bouknight leaves for the NBA as soon a possible. Don’t want him in Jackson’s way, unless, of course, Jackson enters the draft this year and Bouknight can relax.

Reaction Score
Count me on the Jackson bandwagon. Regardless of any adjustment period in Nov/Dec, down the stretch I have no doubts he will be playing the same as Bouknight is now, and, the big worry on the board will be the fear of losing both of them. Their talent level, athleticism, and versatility will give us a chance to beat anybody on a given night. I'm going to enjoy the end of this year, but it's then going to be torture waiting for next season.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Jackson will be starting from Day 1. There just aren't more than 5 guys in D1 that have his type of size/athleticism. It is, in itself, a dominant asset. Add in his passing and dribbling ability and you just can't have him on the bench. I don't even care if he can shoot at all.

Run & Gun
RJ Cole
Bouknight
Jackson
Richie Springs
Pork Chop
Richie Springs is such a good basketball name.

Reaction Score

Run & Gun
RJ Cole
Bouknight
Jackson
Richie Springs
Pork Chop

and then I want that line-up to reenact this, one of my favorite plays from a Hurley team. please.

Reaction Score
That was UConn basketball every game in the 90's.

Ok? As a longtime Big East fan (although with a South Orange type of interest), I saw a lot of them. All five guys touching the ball without a single dribble is the way you want a team to be able to play. That’s one of my favorite plays to watch, and it’s from a tremendous group of guys who mean a lot to your coach.

Last edited:

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Ok? As a longtime Big East fan (although with a South Orange type of interest), I saw a lot of them. Everyone has their favorite plays. That’s one of mine, from a tremendous group of guys who mean a lot to your coach.
I really appreciate all your posts!Thanks

Reaction Score
Andre has better handle, passing abilities, a improving 3point shot, finishes anywhere around the rim and hard to believe more ups than Bouk. We are gonna be a highlight reel next year.
0 chance

Reaction Score
Regardless of who is better, we can roll some devastatingly fun lineups out next year.
most importantly Big Red better get his cardio in over the summer. LOTS of timeout dunks in order if this thing plays out how we see it

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Run & Gun
RJ Cole
Bouknight
Jackson
Richie Springs
Pork Chop
Quite a fun lineup, but unless Springs and Jackson are much better shooters by the time next season rolls around, the spacing issues will prevent them from working at their absolute potential. Definitely think we see it for stretches though.

Reaction Score
Jackson came to the right coach. When I saw Him he didn’t play hard, had a little too cool vibe. Hurley will get that out of him. Jackson will be very limited in the half court Early on. Bouk Had no real holes in his game, could handle, decent shot great athlete. Jackson will Be a stud his junior year.

Reaction Score
This is about collecting talent. The best UConn teams have defined go-to players who took and made big shots. There was always a number one option, (e.g. Hamilton, Butler, Kemba) but also a second option who can take and step up without missing a beat (e.g. El-Amin, Gordon, Nappier). It's about having top end talent to compete night in and night out and having guys who can take over games when things aren't going well to stymie another team's rally with big shots, while also hitting daggers to keep momentum going. That's the key about Jackson and, to an extent, Cole. They will become the other options Bouknight needs to keep defenses honest. I trust highly in Hurley's talent evaluation. Guys he has recruited hard, even the ones who did not come here, all look like players. Says a lot about the staff's talent evaluation and should gives us all optimism that guys like Javonte Brown Ferguson and Springs can play.
As good as next year looks can you imagine 21-22 with the return of Akok and polley????

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom