Andre Jackson #giggetygiggetygoo | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson #giggetygiggetygoo

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I haven't been this excited about a frosh since Vance Jackson. And DHam just before that. He'll probably get 15 minutes tonight and hopefully drops a couple trey's. I think Bouk's crash and dash tempered my excitement last season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe it is just the last name? How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Reggie Jackson?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Maybe it is just the last name? How do you feel about Michael Jackson? Reggie Jackson?
Big fan of MJ. And never was a Reggie guy.

Reaction Score
I haven't been this excited about a frosh since Vance Jackson. And DHam just before that. He'll probably get 15 minutes tonight and hopefully drops a couple trey's. I think Bouk's crash and dash tempered my excitement last season.

I'm trying to figure out if this post is facetious. We're GD UConn, and people are using players like Vance (my father says I should be the focus of the offense) Jackson and D (I'd be such a good player if I was just capable of making a shot or two occasionally) Hamilton as great focal points? No disrespect to Dove, and I get his point, but nothing might show how far we've fallen than that post. I want to be back to where we were, when I'm comparing incoming frosh to Caron, not Vance friggin Jackson.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm trying to figure out if this post is facetious. We're GD UConn, and people are using players like Vance (my father says I should be the focus of the offense) and D (I'd be such a good player if I was just capable of making a shot or two occasionally) Hamilton as great focal points? No disrespect to Dove, and I get his point, but nothing might show how far we've fallen than that post. I want to be back to where we were, when I'm comparing incoming frosh to Caron, not Vance friggin Jackson.
I assumed he was erring on the opposite side of hyperbole. Hypobole?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm trying to figure out if this post is facetious. We're GD UConn, and people are using players like Vance (my father says I should be the focus of the offense) and D (I'd be such a good player if I was just capable of making a shot or two occasionally) Hamilton as great focal points? No disrespect to Dove, and I get his point, but nothing might show how far we've fallen than that post. I want to be back to where we were, when I'm comparing incoming frosh to Caron, not Vance friggin Jackson.
I read the post 3 times and still can't find where Dove compared these people talent wise - he was equating his level of excitement of these players coming in to the program.
Doesn't mean you couldn't be excited about Vance or DHam - when they 1st joined and played we didn't know Vance would be such a rotten egg and his father a total DB,
DHam came in with huge hype and if he had some real decent players around him he would have reached bigger numbers etc. The kid has talent

Reaction Score
I read the post 3 times and still can't find where Dove compared these people talent wise - he was equating his level of excitement of these players coming in to the program.
Doesn't mean you couldn't be excited about Vance or DHam - when they 1st joined and played we didn't know Vance would be such a rotten egg and his father a total DB,
DHam came in with huge hype and if he had some real decent players around him he would have reached bigger numbers etc. The kid has talent

Hamilton had a lot of tools, and if he could have shot the ball could have been a great college player. And yes, he was highly rated coming to UConn. But Vance Jackson? Unless Dove is Mr. Jackson, I'm struggling to get it.

Reaction Score
Hamilton had a lot of tools, and if he could have shot the ball could have been a great college player. And yes, he was highly rated coming to UConn. But Vance Jackson? Unless Dove is Mr. Jackson, I'm struggling to get it.
Andre Jackson was a 4 star #50 composite recruit, Vance Jackson was a 4 star #77 composite recruit. Seems perfectly reasonable that someone would be excited for both

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Thank you, good sir.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Vance Jackson was so stoked to announce he was a Husky.

Biz read too much into the OP's post.

Reaction Score
Vance Jackson was so stoked to announce he was a Husky.

Biz read too much into the OP's post.
Maybe he just liked announcing stuff didn’t he do it two more times

Reaction Score
Here’s hoping that Andre Jackson is light years better than Vance, who never lived up to the hype. I am confident that Coach Hurley will not let that happen to Andre.

Reaction Score
He’s been the worst player on the team tonight by far - but you expect nerves in your first game. Still has 2 put back dunks, though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Posting about Reggie...Andre has his number!! #44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom