Andre Jackson continues to impress | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson continues to impress

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
While Bouknight will get most of the attention (rightfully so), Jackson has played really well since his own return from injury and it feels like he's turned a corner.

Early in the year, Jackson struggled to find his role, pressing a bit too much as he adjusted to the college game. He struggled to find minutes before his injury. But now, he does so many things that help the team, it's hard to keep him off the floor.

Defensively, he's quickly become our best perimeter defender. He locked down Duke tonight. His length and athleticism is a real problem for opposing guards. He's quick and savvy to deny his man the ball altogether. He's not afraid to mix it up in the lane either... he's had a few uber-athletic blocks and skied for some rebounds among the bigs.

Offensively, he keeps the ball moving and gives our offense a nice flow. His solid ballhandling has really been a help, especially when Bouknight was out. We're starting to see his elite court vision and passing that was highly-touted coming out of HS. He made some great skip passes against Xavier that resulted in open looks.

Jackson's high IQ, court vision, and athletism allow him to shine in transition. His pass ahead to Whaley tonight was sublime.

Overall, Jackson is quickly becoming an X factor for this team, positively impacting the game in all facets. Like I said earlier, it feels like he's turned a corner... he has all of the tools to become an impact player and we're starting to see that happen.

Last edited:

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
The most impressive thing to me about Jackson is some of the passes he makes. Threads the needle with insane vision. Made one or two bad reads tonight but the ability to be a true point forward is there.

Reaction Score
While Bouknight will get most of the attention (rightfully so), Jackson has played really well since his own return from injury and it feels like he's turned a corner.

Early in the year, Jackson struggled to find his role, pressing a bit too much as he adjusted to the college game. He struggled to find minutes before his injury. But now, he does so many things that help the team, it's hard to keep him off the floor.

Defensively, he's quickly become our best perimeter defender. He locked down Duke tonight. His length and athleticism is a real problem for opposing guards. He's quick and savvy to deny his man the ball altogether. He's not afraid to mix it up in the lane or paint, as he's had a few uber-athletic blocks and skied for some rebounds.

Offensively, he keeps the ball moving and gives our offense a nice flow. His solid ballhandling has really been a help, especially when Bouknight was out. We're starting to see his elite court vision and passing that was highly-touted coming out of HS. He made some great skip passes against Xavier that resulted in open looks.

Jackson's high IQ, court vision, and athletism allow him to shine in transition. His pass ahead to Whaley tonight was sublime.

Overall, Jackson is quickly becoming an X factor for this team, positively impacting the team in all facets. Like I said earlier, it feels like he's turned a corner... he has all of the tools to become an impact player and we're starting to see that happen.
If he can just add a consistent jump shot he will be very special.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He’s an Andre Iguodala type player for us right now and I’m loving it. Hopefully he can put in the work to make a superstar jump this summer. Has all the potential to be a high lottery pick.

It’s really good to see us getting talent that we can develop into lottery picks in the program again. Bouknight this year. Still have Jackson and Akok. Hawkins coming in next year. There’s a lot to be excited about.

I do wish Javonte Brown stayed. You don’t find many 7’s that can move like him. Great to see we have a coach who can find those diamonds in the rough.

Reaction Score
His ability as a freshman to impact a game through his floor game and D is impressive. Don't need him to be a huge points guy this year.

Expecting him to be the X factor vs Nova on Sat.

Reaction Score
I loved how pissed he got when he was unable to block the dunk and got called for a foul, he took it personally. Impressed by the defensive intensity. Once he improves on moving those feet, he will be a lock-down defender. (Not far off I'd say) Minutes are really helping him.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I cannot overstate how much I love Jackson's game. You can talk about his defense, his passing, his athleticism, all that...but those individual things still don't tell the whole story. He's got an even more rare talent - his presence on the floor just makes everyone better at what they do.

So excited to see how he develops!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He's where I thought Gaffney would be.

Still think Gaffney is/will be a valuable piece, but will take some more time.

Reaction Score
His only mistakes on defense are because he is too aggressive, going for unlikely steals or blocks. I expect those mistakes will become less and less frequent as he adjusts to the college game. This was only his 5th (!!) game with more than 5 minutes

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
His only mistakes on defense are because he is too aggressive, going for unlikely steals or blocks. I expect those mistakes will become less and less frequent as he adjusts to the college game. This was only his 5th (!!) game with more than 5 minutes

I could have sworn on the block they mistakenly called a foul, he reach peak height, hung for a split second, and then went higher.

Reaction Score
he reminds me of bouknight last year -- when he enters the game, it's obvious that he is at a different level in terms of skill and athleticism. the game is played differently when he is on the floor.

that being said, he hasn't shown the same shooting and scoring abilities yet. i would love to see him drop 20 on someone.

Reaction Score
Dre almost had another insane put back. Might have been on our first possession. Missed shot. He jumped out of the gym but couldn't control the put back. If it went.... it would have been another highlight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom