Andre Drummond sends the game to OT on a putback and later hits a clutch step-back 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Drummond sends the game to OT on a putback and later hits a clutch step-back 3

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, recently Rudy Gay had 15 rebounds in a game and that was a career high in a dozen year career. Dre averages that many rebounds this season each game. Think about that.
#Chief24/7AfterHours

Come on Chief, that's not fair. Let's see how Shabazz's rebounding compares to Shaq! :D

In general, watching Rudy on the Spurs, I wonder what would have been had he been in the right system for all these years. maybe as a third fiddle to Duncan/Parker types.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Come on Chief, that's not fair. Let's see how Shabazz's rebounding compares to Shaq! :D

In general, watching Rudy on the Spurs, I wonder what would have been had he been in the right system for all these years. maybe as a third fiddle to Duncan/Parker types.

Chief is just trying to keep things real and in context. I recognize they play different positions and roles but it just shows what a rebounding machine Dre is, that his average night, is Rudy’s career high. Rudy’s played probably close to a thousand NBA games and is a very good front court player. But only once in his career did he reach in a game what Dre has average in rebounds this season.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="But only once in his career did he reach in a game what Dre has average in rebounds this season.[/QUOTE]

You can say that about lots of NBA players. Most of them NEVER get 16 boards in a game

C

Chief00

[QUOTE="But only once in his career did he reach in a game what Dre has average in rebounds this season.

You can say that about lots of NBA players. Most of them NEVER get 16 boards in a game[/QUOTE]
True, that’s why my comment is a compliment for Dre and not anything negative on Rudy. Rudy is one of Chief’s Baltimore guys.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Here's context.

Dre is in his 7th season. He will finish the season averaging over 13 boards for the sixth straight season.

In his career Shaq averaged 13 boards 3 times, Olajuwon 4 times, David Robinson once.

Only player in the past 40 years to do it more often was Rodman, who had 7 seasons of 13+ boards.

You have to go back to the eary 70's of Jabbar, Unseld, Hayes and Artis Gilmore to find players who rebounded at Dre's level.
EDIT- Deandre Jordan is tracking with Dre right now as well. Personal Opinion- Based on age, Jordan has 1-2 seasons at most of rebounding at this level. Dre has 5-7.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's context.

Dre is in his 7th season. He will finish the season averaging over 13 boards for the sixth straight season.

In his career Shaq averaged 13 boards 3 times, Olajuwon 4 times, David Robinson once.

Only player in the past 40 years to do it more often was Rodman, who had 7 seasons of 13+ boards.

You have to go back to the eary 70's of Jabbar, Unseld, Hayes and Artis Gilmore to find players who rebounded at Dre's level.
EDIT- Deandre Jordan is tracking with Dre right now as well. Personal Opinion- Based on age, Jordan has 1-2 seasons at most of rebounding at this level. Dre has 5-7.

Dre is clearly becoming an all-time great rebounder. Using a wing player to make that point was (I'll be kind) an odd choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom