Andre Drummond Interviews Rudy Gay (Video) | The Boneyard

Andre Drummond Interviews Rudy Gay (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Despite his perceived lack of superstarness, he was still a first-team All-American (NABC) and one of four finalists for the Naismith Award. His absence would be more glaring than his presence.

Reaction Score
I liked it. Would have been better if they were dunking the whole time, but I still liked it.

Reaction Score
I think he deserves it, but Ben Gordon better be getting inducted too.
I'm still not sure that I agree with Rudy getting in, but if he deserves it, then Gordon absolutely should be in as well.

Or is it one of the requirements that you must be an All-American?

Reaction Score
I'm still not sure that I agree with Rudy getting in, but if he deserves it, then Gordon absolutely should be in as well.
I don't think there's any question Ben will be in it.

Reaction Score
I think this has more to do with Rudy's success in the NBA and his recruiting hype. Guys like Khalid, Boone, Freeman, Ollie, Sheffer, AJ Price had far more productive careers and played instrumental roles in the program.

Reaction Score
sound like leaving college was a decision that really weighed on him

Reaction Score
Can't blame him for leaving when he did. You go to college in order to get a job and be successful. I'd say that being a lottery pick and making millions is pretty successful.
As far as being in the Huskies of Honor... I don't know how I'd feel about it unless there were a number of new members inducted at the same time.

Reaction Score
Wait so is there going to be a ceremony during the Harvard game Thursday?

Reaction Score
Not sure why it would even be an issue. He was a first-team All-American and one of four finalists for the National POY in his last season here. Never did anything to remotely embarrass the program either while he played here or afterward. Had a career record of roughly 60-15. Was a lottery pick and a 20 ppg scorer at the next level. The only strike against him is that he didn't dominate at this level as much as we wanted him to.

Reaction Score
I'm not on campus but I think Drummond is loving the college life. Its perplexing that he was talking high school one more year.

Reaction Score
It did if you were paying attention. He wanted to come back to school after putting his name in. Calhoun mentions this all the time.
That's the way I remember it also. I remember a story where Rudy was on campus that summer after the draft and JC saw him on campus. JC asked him why he was here and not at home. Rudy said, "Coach, this is home."

Reaction Score
That's the way I remember it also. I remember a story where Rudy was on campus that summer after the draft and JC saw him on campus. JC asked him why he was here and not at home. Rudy said, "Coach, this is home."

there was also a story that he lost 10 lb's during the decision-making process (stress). he regretted leaving as soon as he put his name in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom