Andra Espinoza-Hunter future at UCONN & comparison to Saniya Chong | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andra Espinoza-Hunter future at UCONN & comparison to Saniya Chong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing in the last 4 years has caused me more discomfort as a fan than Saniya's progress, or lack thereof. Gifted, yet held back by her own demons. Right now I'm very happy to see her enjoying a role as a vital part of this team. I suspect AEH will enjoy more success as a Husky, in part because of her 2 years away from Ossining.
"Demons?" Few have commented on Chong's #1 issue-physical issues. Doubt she would have been a consistent starter, but certainly less leg issues would have helped provide more minutes. When healthy, usually made several critical plays at clutch time.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me but I'd rather see someone play a number of games before making assumptions about what kind of player she is.
It's not just you.

Reaction Score
I do not understand this discussion. It appears as common knowledge with Geno that playing time is predicated on how hard the individual works in practice and makes a progression of getting things right. Right now, AEH is a kid in high school. The UConn coaches apparently believe that this young woman has potential that they are betting on by giving her a scholarship. Whether she fulfills that expectation or not remains to be seen and evaluated by the UConn coaches. This is all speculation. Since, I am not a College Coach and only a retired Marine, I think that I leave these coaching decisions to Geno and staff. There track record of success in this domain is undisputed.

Reaction Score
Knowing and understanding that all UCONN is losing from this year's team is Saniya Chong and Tierney Lawlor, and knowing that Batouly Camara and Azura Stevens will both be eligible along with incoming freshman Mikayla Coombs, Megan Walker, Lexi Gordon, and then Charli Collier for 2018, (and knowing that Molly Bent and Kayla Irwin minutes should increase) do you suspect that Andra Espinoza-Hunter start at UCONN 'might' possibly mirror that of her former Ossining HS teammate (and current UCONN Senior) Saniya Chong, as it relates to getting minutes on the floor, especially early in her UCONN career?

Practice will be more competitive than ever. Performance in practice will have a huge impact on playing time. With that said Bent and Irwin will not be seeing an increase in playing time. They are not talented enough to see the floor this year, I have a hard time believing they are going to see the floor with next year's team

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Practice will be more competitive than ever. Performance in practice will have a huge impact on playing time. With that said Bent and Irwin will not be seeing an increase in playing time. They are not talented enough to see the floor this year, I have a hard time believing they are going to see the floor with next year's team
That Irwin didn't get in till the 3 minute mark today in a blowout was a little discomfiting.

I did enjoy seeing Molly charge down the court at full speed leading a fast break.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...I think that I leave these coaching decisions to Geno and staff. There track record of success in this domain is undisputed.

Oh, I don't know. Yes, he's done a few good things over the years, but why should we limit ourselves to such boring details as performance and traditional excellence? Collectively, we know more than any one coach ever could. Our unique amalgam of folk tales, pithy insights, imagination, and unrefined BS far outshines whatever paltry achievements Geno may have lucked into from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom