Anderson is our key to a winning season. | The Boneyard

Anderson is our key to a winning season.

Reaction Score
Not talking NCAA, just keeping our record over .500.

Yep, this kid is in one of he worst slumps we have ever witnessed. It's not just that he is 3 for his last 36 shoots from the field. This is a 70% (college) free throw shooter that tonight shot 50% from the foul line. He is a 33% shooter from behind the arc shooting 22%. He hasn't made one in the last seven games. It is almost an impossibly bad performance. He could probably shoot better wearing high heels.

Sitting him is not an option. We simply do not have the ball handlers to replace him. He will turn the ball over a couple of times a game. But a steal, an assist or two a game and a couple of rebounds would overcome it.

The law of averages suggest regression toward the mean, eventually. If he can average 5 or 7 points from here on out (and I think he can), it gives us a much better margin of error. And in reality there is no other option.

So I'm rooting for the kid. And I think he has hit bottom and will start his climb back out of the hole - which we need because Giffey is not coming though that door.

Reaction Score

Yep, this kid is in one of he worst slumps we have ever witnessed. It's not just that he is 3 for his last 36 shoots from the field. This is a 70% (college) free throw shooter that tonight shot 50% from the foul line. He is a 33% shooter from behind the arc shooting 22%. He hasn't made one in the last seven games. It is almost an impossibly bad performance. He could probably shoot better wearing high heels.

Sitting him is not an option. We simply do not have the ball handlers to replace him. He will turn the ball over a couple of times a game. But a steal, an assist or two a game and a couple of rebounds would overcome it.

The law of averages suggest regression toward the mean, eventually. If he can average 5 or 7 points from here on out (and I think he can), it gives us a much better margin of error. And in reality there is no other option.

So I'm rooting for the kid. And I think he has hit bottom and will start his climb back out of the hole - which we need because Giffey is not coming though that door.

Where's Terrence Samuel when we need him? Had a great game against Villanova in the NCAA Tournament filling in when Shabazz was in foul trouble.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Rashad Anderson would help them get to .500 for sure.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Anderson is what happens when your coach takes a year off of recruiting and then manages to offend half the team when it becomes clear that the ten toes he’s always referring to are theirs and not his. You end up having to offer scoring guards who can’t score at this level.

He’s trying hard, but he’s not good enough. He’s not alone - throw a rock and you’ll four or five more like him on this roster.

Reaction Score
He’s trying hard, but he’s not good enough. He’s not alone - throw a rock and you’ll four or five more like him on this roster.

No, you won't - you'll hit Dave O and that's about it. That's what makes it insane that they get so much PT.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No, you won't - you'll hit Dave O and that's about it. That's what makes it insane that they get so much PT.

There are eight guys on this team that wouldn’t get a second glance from Jim Calhoun unless he had to throw a scholarship at someone in the spring.

We’re bad because we have a bad coach and bad players - this is not a talented group.

Reaction Score
There are eight guys on this team that wouldn’t get a second glance from Jim Calhoun unless he had to throw a scholarship at someone in the spring.

We’re bad because we have a bad coach and bad players - this is not a talented group.

Who are the 8?

Reaction Score
Who are the 8?
I don't see 8, but Onurah, Anderson, Polley, and Williams fit the description. Admittedly, Williams time has been brief but his talent level does not seem high. Onurah and Anderson are the two most damaging players. I'm sure they're great locker room guys and have a great work ethic, but from a skill perspective they are so far below standard to be seeing regular minutes it's just sad. If Anderson didn't step on the floor for the rest of the season it would not be a bad thing, he's a walking turnover/bad shot. Of course that would mean Vital/Adams would have to play 40 minutes a game so that's not possible, but he should be limited to ~15 a game and only spelling those two.

Reaction Score

neither is Okafor, Kemba, Gordon, Khalid, Sheffer, Ray, Rip, or Shabazz. Hell, at this point Ajou Deng 2.0 might be a lift.

Reaction Score
Anderson is what happens when your coach takes a year off of recruiting and then manages to offend half the team when it becomes clear that the ten toes he’s always referring to are theirs and not his. You end up having to offer scoring guards who can’t score at this level.

Forget our W-L record, the real problem for this program now and going forward is our roster. This isn't a rebuild its a demolition. The foreseeable future will be much worse before any shot of getting better. Can't even imagine what next year will look like without TL or JA. Actually, I think we saw a glimpse of the future last night, just subtract another 15 points or so.

Reaction Score
4 guards on the roster, one of whom has been injured so much he has missed nearly two full seasons.

How in the world did this coaching staff think 4 guards including Gilbert would work out well? There are 13 scholarships. Do you really need to load up with 9 forwards and centers?

Last night was a preview to how things will look in a handful of upcoming games, even with Larrier. This simply can't go on after this season.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Yep, our hopes rest on a guy who can't shoot. Sweet.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Anderson is probably the worst player this program has ever had play meaningful minutes since I've been watching. I'm genuinely surprised when he does something good.

That's an awful thing to say, but it's true. The sad thing is, we don't have anyone else to put out there, so he's going to continue to get thrown out there.

Reaction Score
I don't see 8, but Onurah, Anderson, Polley, and Williams fit the description. Admittedly, Williams time has been brief but his talent level does not seem high. Onurah and Anderson are the two most damaging players. I'm sure they're great locker room guys and have a great work ethic, but from a skill perspective they are so far below standard to be seeing regular minutes it's just sad. If Anderson didn't step on the floor for the rest of the season it would not be a bad thing, he's a walking turnover/bad shot. Of course that would mean Vital/Adams would have to play 40 minutes a game so that's not possible, but he should be limited to ~15 a game and only spelling those two.
You called it those 4 won’t be back next year so that’ll be 4 more open scholarships, which is a great thing, Polley really needs to transfer and sit out a yr, that would help him tremendously cuz this really is a lost of a season, n now u only got 3 left and it’s not like you’re playing 10-15mins a night, Williams is gone for the fact that he’s 23 already and I sense the frustration, maybe he’ll get an agent and go overseas or make his money doing highlight reel dunks, maybe Throw Cobb in there too so they will be 5 openings
I believe chills will come through with those amounts of scholarships but who knows if Ollie will be here after this season

Reaction Score
Anderson should not be on this team. Yes i know he works hard but he was a desperate grab cause we needed another guard when Mal decommitted. Same with DO, KW and Cobb. All 4 of those late add ons turned out to not be good players, go figure.

Why didn't Ollie want Cane Broome again? He wanted UConn but no offer came. He would have sat last year and been a huge help this season and next.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom