And Tuesday Jan 15 big games are- | The Boneyard

And Tuesday Jan 15 big games are-

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
NONE! Not one marquee matchup, P5 or BigEast, game today. Arrrggghhh! Well I guess Wichita State (7-9) vs. SMU (6-10) has to serve as my "can of beans for protein-uncooked, no less". Hey NCAA, if you want to grow the game, get conferences to work together on games Big10 M-W, SEC Tue-Thurs, ACC Mon-Thurs, Big12 Wed-Fri, PAC12 -ANYTHING during the week Mon-Thursday!!!! I admit, I have no life and numerous issues...Head bang

Speaking of SMU, I think the bloom has fallen of the rose of Travis Mays coaching prowess. His inherited team went 19-15 but last year cratered at 10-20 and this year is not much better and they have a Massey ranking of #201.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yeah, Tuesday seems to be the dead day for WCBB. You know it's a slow day when Wichita State-SMU is the headliner for the day.

On the men's side, 11 of the AP top 25 teams are in action, including a top-10 showdown between #4 Virginia and #9 Virginia Tech.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Women's Basketball - In conference season - Thursday and Sunday are the main P5 days, PAC on Friday

Wednesday and Saturday are mostly not P5, except the Big 12 and scattered other matches.

Monday and Tuesday are the worst, except for "marquee" TV games, as a rule.

Been that way for years.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Im fine with the WCBB schedules. Early week and Saturdays for Men's. Late week and Sundays for the women.

Reaction Score
NONE! Not one marquee matchup, P5 or BigEast, game today. Arrrggghhh! Well I guess Wichita State (7-9) vs. SMU (6-10) has to serve as my "can of beans for protein-uncooked, no less". Hey NCAA, if you want to grow the game, get conferences to work together on games Big10 M-W, SEC Tue-Thurs, ACC Mon-Thurs, Big12 Wed-Fri, PAC12 -ANYTHING during the week Mon-Thursday!!!! I admit, I have no life and numerous issues...Head bang

Speaking of SMU, I think the bloom has fallen of the rose of Travis Mays coaching prowess. His inherited team went 19-15 but last year cratered at 10-20 and this year is not much better and they have a Massey ranking of #201.
Funny you say this but wondering what was going on this weekend to SMU. Living in Dallas area, in past years SMU women got reasonable press but this year, very little. Kiss of death when the press and internet ignores your team.

Plebe

Reaction Score

I will say, SMU started out the season with some hard-luck losses. Their first 4 losses of the season were a 1-point loss in OT to Alabama, a 2-point loss to TCU, a 1-point loss to SE Louisiana, and a 1-point loss to Northern Colorado. I can't help but wonder if all these close losses shook their confidence. They're currently on a 5-game losing streak, none of which were particularly close.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Also, SMU is an especially young team this year. Their 2nd- and 3rd-leading scorers are both freshmen, and numbers 4 and 5 are both sophomores.

And speaking of their #5 scorer, her last name (Cash) and her hometown of McKeesport PA sound awfully familiar. She is Swin's cousin: Johnasia Cash - Women's Basketball - SMU Athletics

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom