And they said it couldn't be done~ | The Boneyard

And they said it couldn't be done~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Link for Post Game Press Conference. University of Connecticut powered by College Sports Live
Hasn't started yet.

I was one that said it couldn't be done against a more experienced and superior sized Baylor team. Crystal said not in our house by the way she played tonight. Predicted would start season 1-1. So Glad I was Wrong.

Now on the road to LSU, a team that shouldn't be overlooked.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Bigs like Baylor has can be taken out of the game. We did it tonight. Deny the entry pass. Follow the shot/ get position/ block out and want that ball (desire). That's what I posted earlier.

Reaction Score
Happy for lilCD. She didn't look tentative at all against a monster of a team that is Baylor. Won't be surprised to see them again in the FF.
Are saying Uconn is going to the Final 4???????

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Link for Post Game Press Conference. University of Connecticut powered by College Sports Live
Hasn't started yet.

I was one that said it couldn't be done against a more experienced and superior sized Baylor team. Crystal said not in our house by the way she played tonight. Predicted would start season 1-1. So Glad I was Wrong.

Now on the road to LSU, a team that shouldn't be overlooked.
So did I. I was DEAD wrong on all counts. And glad to be so. This team played like the best team in the country. I'm actually kind of shocked that they're this good this soon. This team bares its fangs folks. As I've said, they've got a chip on their shoulders and a target on their backs. They played like they're honored to have that name across their chests. This was one of the best wins outside of all The Dances and Tennessee that I've seen this team play.

Reaction Score
Bigs like Baylor has can be taken out of the game. We did it tonight. Deny the entry pass. Follow the shot/ get position/ block out and want that ball (desire). That's what I posted earlier.

Of course it helps to have a Collier, Gabby, Butler--Geno had a plan, the kids executed and Crystal put icing on it.

Reaction Score
So did I. I was DEAD wrong on all counts. And glad to be so. This team played like the best team in the country. I'm actually kind of shocked that they're this good this soon. This team bares its fangs folks. As I've said, they've got a chip on their shoulders and a target on their backs. They played like they're honored to have that name across their chests. This was the best win outside of all The Dances that I've seen this team play.

They played better than many "rebuilding teams" the talent is there, the coaching is there, ---executing tonight was there. Will they lose this year--who knows//

Reaction Score
Don't get too far ahead of yourselves. Kia is forcing the play like she did at times last year. Katie Lou is standing too still. She needs to keep moving, which is what made Breanna so effective. Yes, the do have a chance to play in the Final Four. Let's not put the cart before the horse, however.

Reaction Score
Don't get too far ahead of yourselves. Kia is forcing the play like she did at times last year. Katie Lou is standing too still. She needs to keep moving, which is what made Breanna so effective. Yes, the do have a chance to play in the Final Four. Let's not put the cart before the horse, however.
Before KLS drained that 3 in the 3rd quarter she was literally just standing on the elbow watching for a good 5-7 seconds. At first I thought she was on the bench. I was thinking she can't be in the game because Geno would be yelling at her to move if he saw that.

Reaction Score
KiA is a conundrum. In some games I wonder if she has eye problems. Or does she like hockey so much she just needs to do a body check.
Uconn in the second half was a lot more mobile. Katie lou is Not Stewie--don't expect the same results--her arms are shorter she is not as tall not as mobile---but the kid is still a KEEPER. Remember you don't have to win them all to get into the final 4 only have to win 5 games in the NCAA/s

Reaction Score
KiA is a conundrum. In some games I wonder if she has eye problems. Or does she like hockey so much she just needs to do a body check.
I think it was quite clear from the Olympics that Kia has a hard time accepting the burden of being the "go to" player. Coming into this year, there was a lot of pressure on her, much of it likely self-imposed. That was before the emergence of Pheesa and Crystal and the very, very strong improvement of Natalie. Let's give Kia half a season to adjust to the fact that she doesn't need to do more than what she's capable of. I think Geno has been quite patient with her, and will bring her along slowly to that point. She's capable of great things: 25 points in one Olympic game, right? So long as she gets her assists, keeps her turn-overs low, and plays stellar defense, she'll get her opportunities.

Reaction Score
I think it was quite clear from the Olympics that Kia has a hard time accepting the burden of being the "go to" player. Coming into this year, there was a lot of pressure on her, much of it likely self-imposed. That was before the emergence of Pheesa and Crystal and the very, very strong improvement of Natalie. Let's give Kia half a season to adjust to the fact that she doesn't need to do more than what she's capable of. I think Geno has been quite patient with her, and will bring her along slowly to that point. She's capable of great things: 25 points in one Olympic game, right? So long as she gets her assists, keeps her turn-overs low, and plays stellar defense, she'll get her opportunities.
I'm not knocking KIA--but she has good moments and not so good--
As you point out she has had excellent moments in the PAN AM and Olympic games- Geno may have put pressure on her to LEAD--with her experience and years of days of playing --she IS what you'd expect a leader to be.
As a hockey player--pressure is something she had to feel often.
It still bothers me that --she tries to bull way through players, at inconvenient times, with bad results. Eye problems or hockey??
Having said that--the Baylor game for Kia was one of her better games in recent times.

Reaction Score

I like the Emergence and strong improvement of Natalie (as you say) I thought in the last 2 game Natalie played good games--and lived up to her in coming notices.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Before KLS drained that 3 in the 3rd quarter she was literally just standing on the elbow watching for a good 5-7 seconds. At first I thought she was on the bench. I was thinking she can't be in the game because Geno would be yelling at her to move if he saw that.
She looked gassed. It reminded me of how teams played Stewie her sophomore year. Hold and bang, hold and bang. It took Stewie a while to get used to the physicality directed at her. KLS will be fine, teams are just doing their best to take her out of the game with the expectation that we needed her to win.

Reaction Score
So did I. I was DEAD wrong on all counts. And glad to be so. This team played like the best team in the country. I'm actually kind of shocked that they're this good this soon. This team bares its fangs folks. As I've said, they've got a chip on their shoulders and a target on their backs. They played like they're honored to have that name across their chests. This was one of the best wins outside of all The Dances and Tennessee that I've seen this team play.

JordyG---no one was DEAD WRONG--no one was 100 percent right---a Fan is a fan, and the Pundits were chirping loudly of Uconn's chances.
The team played well--Geno had a plan--the kids followed the plan--and Dangerfield emerged out of her cocoon. Became a butterfly and not a moth.

Reaction Score
Of course it helps to have a Collier, Gabby, Butler--Geno had a plan, the kids executed and Crystal put icing on it.

Crystal Dangerfield didn't ice it. She is the ice maker!!!!

Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield didn't ice it. She is the ice maker!!!!
I can't argue with that. All positive high praise words for this Uconn team and Dangerfield is gratefully accepted and encouraged--this was a public announcement.

Reaction Score
No, let's. The earlier one gets on the bandwagon, the better the ride.
A person after my own heart--and my heart has been with Uconn men and transferred to Geno's women. The ride maybe bumpy but if you believe--it will be fun.
I can't think of many games I enjoyed as much as these last 2--mystery is always fun.

Reaction Score
LOL!!! I cannot believe what I was seeing. The best player on the floor is the smallest player on both teams!!!! I practically jump out of my seat every time Crystal Dangerfield touched the ball!!!

Reaction Score
She looked gassed. It reminded me of how teams played Stewie her sophomore year. Hold and bang, hold and bang. It took Stewie a while to get used to the physicality directed at her. KLS will be fine, teams are just doing their best to take her out of the game with the expectation that we needed her to win.
This "ping pong" defense has been used on Uconn players since before DT--who if you look at the old games--it was near criminal how she was bumped, pushed, pulled, shoved, hip checked, --then ND repeated that on Maya (as did many others), Stewie had a rough time with it--Katie Has handled it well--better than I would--DT did what i would have done --in the last 30 second she did a full body check on one of her tormentors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom