And then there were three... | The Boneyard

And then there were three...

Reaction Score
February 12th now looming LARGER than February 1st. The number one ranking and top overall seed in the NCAA tournament will in all likelihood be on the line!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
February 12th now looming LARGER than February 1st. The number one ranking and top overall seed in the NCAA tournament will in all likelihood be on the line!

Louisville definitely moves up to #2 after soundly defeating #2. Now they set their sights on #1. #1 vs #2 is ALWAYS must see TV!!!! WCBB will be watching.
Whoever wins this game will have to run the table to get the overall #1 seed. There's still a lot of games left on the schedule. Anything can happen. There might be a pothole or two between here and the conclusion of post season conference tournaments. Never say never. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
undefeated teams, that is.

How far down does everyone move up 1 spot in the rankings? How far down does ND fall after a 33 point loss?
Do they fall in front or behind 1 loss Baylor? :rolleyes:

[Rankings]

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Im not sure what happens on Feb 1st..... but Louisville still has games vs FSU @UVA and @Syracuse before Feb 12. I could see them dropping one of those games.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Louisville definitely moves up to #2 after soundly defeating #2. Now they set their sights on #1. #1 vs #2 is ALWAYS must see TV!!!! WCBB will be watching.
Whoever wins this game will have to run the table to get the overall #1 seed. There's still a lot of games left on the schedule. Anything can happen. There might be a pothole or two between here and the conclusion of post season conference tournaments. Never say never. :cool:

Let's face it, Louisville has a lot more ball to run than UCONN.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
How far down does everyone move up 1 spot in the rankings? How far down does ND fall after a 33 point loss?
Do they fall in front or behind 1 loss Baylor? :rolleyes:

[Rankings]

If they are still ranked ahead of Baylor I am retiring from being a WCBB savant.

JS

Reaction Score
"And then there were three . . ."

undefeated teams, that is.

I was thinking three freshman. At first.

How well do you know Phil?

upload_2018-1-12_21-35-55.png

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Muffet just can't stop herself from speaking in superlatives that throw shade on certain other teams.

Who did she throw shade on? I agree that that was the best game I’ve seen a team play this season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Does anyone happen to remember how many slots Baylor fell after losing to UCONN last year?

Baylor lost at UCONN by 11 and fell by 3 spots in one poll by 2 in another. ND lost by 33 at Louisville so I will give them a break and drop them 9 in one poll and 6 in another, putting them anywhere from 11 to 8.

Reaction Score
Who did she throw shade on? I agree that that was the best game I’ve seen a team play this season.
"I thought Louisville looked like the best team in the country today," regardless of how true it might have been, is not going to be appreciated here. Speaking only for myself, I do hope Muffet sees UConn again in the tourney, 'cause she could use another spankin'.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I don't feel like MM was throwing any shade. I think UL could have beaten ANY team in the country on THAT DAY.
Our team is not invincible. And IMHO Geno would welcome a good loss before the tournaments.

Reaction Score
ND should drop further, not only because of their recent loss, but also of the loss player, shortage of guards

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom