And then there were seven game ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

And then there were seven game ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Well, I guess it's eight if and when Sid gets healthy enough to actually contribute. But one way or another, we're down another man tonight.
  2. Today was the most beautiful ugly game ever.
  3. Achiwa is good. Very good. Would have been a big time help on our team. But to me, he seems way too interested in the spectacular, and kind of sluffs off on the regular basketball plays.
  4. Akok has been going though a rough patch on the court of late, but from what I hear, he was hyped to play Precious man-on-man. I can't imagine going from the excitement of blocking his shot to the anguish of coming down and feeling that Achilles go, in a matter of seconds.
  5. Gaffney didn't have the best game shooting wise, but he ran a masterful point in winning time.
  6. Vital and Bouk were our offensive stars to be sure. 15 of 16 from the line between them, on an afternoon that they each only shot 33% from the field and we ain't even going to talk about their 3 point shooting, was incredibly important. I thought the ref having him back away from the line to tuck in his shirt was going to screw up his rhythm. Seems to get wonky if he changes ANYTHING in his FT routine. Once he puts the ball on his hip and stares at the rim from 18 inches behind the line, he does the exact same thing every time. The ref screwed with that today -- I thought it was going to cause a miss. Bullet dodged.
  7. Whaley did an, unbelievable job in not letting Achiwa go on a dunk spree. Hurley's gameplan was to let him have what he could do from the outside, but don't let him by you going to the hole. Toward that end, Whaley might have been the most important Husky on the court today.
  8. With Bouk and Vital such a key part of the win and Brendan being the primary double on Precious, the backcourt came up pretty big.
  9. Aside from Akok's injury, I enjoyed this game more than any other Husky game in recent memory, despite out poor shooting and way too many turnovers.
  10. Bouk had two season highlight reel plays today. The acrobatic twisting layup around shorty-pants Quinone, and the slam on the break off the steal and pass from Vital are both plays I'll rerun in my mental DVR often in the off season.
  11. The gameday haiku has been one of my favorite things for the past few seasons. But since I have stopped participating in it, or even peaking in on the thread, we have won 3 out of 4. I guess I won't be haikuing again.

Reaction Score

With the loss of Akok i thought IW was the player of the game today. Huge game on D.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom