And the hits just keep on comin...... | The Boneyard

And the hits just keep on comin......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The old Jerry Tarkanian line when at UNLV. We didn't play bad defense, we didn't play any defense at all.

SEC We didn't have bad academics, we didn't have any academics at all.

Reaction Score
ESPN outside the lines had a pretty firm statement this morning about the widespread cheating in college sports this morning after discussing these Auburn allegations. They said that the NCAA is not equipped to police the violations, and if you think that cheating isn't widespread you "are naive"........

Reaction Score
The piece notes: "Amazingly, the Alabama mainstream press, so far, has not picked up on this story."

And it probably won't. "Probably"has to do with job security, advertising and access. Imagine coverage something like this would receive in the Boston, NYC, DC corridor. FRONT PAGE, ABOVE THE FOLD or, in the "Tabloids," BACK AND FRONT PAGES with the biggest headlines available.

Also, you know what I'd like to see? Emmert, sweating under oath, being made to provide a point-by-point comparison of the Miami, Carolina, Auburn, UCONN and other investigations and punishments. UCONN screwed up and deserved punishment. No argument. I'd just like to see a public airing of "due process" details dealing with fairness issues.

Reaction Score
How can any team in the SEC have an academic scandal? I thought the SEC stayed as far away from academics as possible.

Pretty much... from the comment section of the post:

"Anonymous April 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM What do academics have to do with college football? Nick Saban wins titles, that's all I care about."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom