And the hits for Rutgers just keep on coming | The Boneyard

And the hits for Rutgers just keep on coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Rutgers fans. I mean they finally have something really good happen for them and they can't even enjoy it.

Reaction Score
Rutgers' failures should enhance our perception as a candidate for the B1G. Thank you, Rutgers!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Bad timing?I appreciate the like but thats not what Im about !!But thank's!!It's the TRUTH!!

Reaction Score
Rutgers' failures should enhance our perception as a candidate for the B1G. Thank you, Rutgers!

Don't thank me its just part of our job!!My thank's come's in my paycheck!!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's nothing personal Nicky. You seem like a nice enough guy. I just hate Rutgers with a burning passion and would love for us to continue playing each other in the future.

Reaction Score
Same here!Playing you guys and shutting up "Cuse" fan's were my favorite IC game's!I sure hope we continue after this year!Its not as much fun to win or get beat out of region!That's why I hate BC for thinking their superior yet avoiding any real interesting local challenge!!I can't believe the kid's are buying this year into Dazzy!!I hate to think the local kid's don't see there agenda??

Reaction Score
http://m.si.com/3042019/realignment-report-card-grading-moves-three-years-after-chaos-began/

Conference realignment report card: Grading the league moves

Rutgers
Old league: Big East
New league: Big Ten
Grade: D

This is a great move for Rutgers, which would have languished in the Big East. But given just how horribly Rutgers has handled just about everything since the move was announced, it certainly doesn’t seem as if the Scarlet Knights were worth the trouble.

Delany and company had better hope Rutgers delivers the television households in the New York market that the Big Ten covets. Otherwise, the league has taken on a batch of public relations nightmares for nothing. The good news is that even if Rutgers doesn’t command those households, the fact that Rutgers’ membership in the Big Ten brings Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State into the New York metro area on a regular basis could convince cable companies that alums of those schools also need servicing in spite of the per-subscriber price the Big Ten is asking.

GLICKSMAN: Amid ongoing scandal, Kyle Flood a bright spot for Rutgers

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
http://m.si.com/3042019/realignment-report-card-grading-moves-three-years-after-chaos-began/

Rutgers

This is a great move for Rutgers, which would have languished in the Big East. But given just how horribly Rutgers has handled just about everything since the move was announced, it certainly doesn’t seem as if the Scarlet Knights were worth the trouble.

Delany and company had better hope Rutgers delivers the television households in the New York market that the Big Ten covets. Otherwise, the league has taken on a batch of public relations nightmares for nothing. The good news is that even if Rutgers doesn’t command those households, the fact that Rutgers’ membership in the Big Ten brings Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State into the New York metro area on a regular basis could convince cable companies that alums of those schools also need servicing in spite of the per-subscriber price the Big Ten is asking.

If RU gets a D what the heck do we get?

pj

Reaction Score
It seems they're grading from the league's perspective. In that case we get an A because the AAC has made out like a bandit with our TV rights.

Reaction Score

Rutgers

What I find amusingly obvious & overlooked by so many, including journalists, is the fact that Rutgers brings in the state of New Jersey market - not exactly a small state in terms of population. All this NYC market talk seems to generally forget this fact.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
What I find amusingly obvious & overlooked by so many, including journalists, is the fact that Rutgers brings in the state of New Jersey market - not exactly a small state in terms of population. All this NYC market talk seems to generally forget this fact.

As far as Nielsen is concerned Northern, NJ is the NYC market. As is most of Fairfield County.

Reaction Score
Yeah,I think the writers a

Rutgers

@Yeah,checked out the link! I think the writer's a flake and noticed most of the commenter's opinion's reflected that!! I myself got caught up in blasting him in the comment section! Some southerner's think we don't understand or care much for football in the northeast!!Some(even SI writers) are so out of touch!!Ha ha.. I also couldn't believe the arrogance of some L'ville fans in the comments!All of a sudden they think their ND!?!?

Reaction Score
As far as Nielsen is concerned Northern, NJ is the NYC market. As is most of Fairfield County.

@And S.Jersey is the bulk of the Philly market!! That's the genius of Delany in capturing RU!As an native of N.Jersey he knew of the untapped potential of Rutgers growing up and stored it in the back of his mind! Swofford unfortunately was caught unawares to his everlasting shame! If Swoffy would have captured RU and UConn before Delany struck he would have been as famous as Robert E Lee now in the south and the ACC would have moved up the food chain!:D:cool:!!

Reaction Score
Yeah,I think the writers a
@Yeah,checked out the link! I think the writer's a flake and noticed most of the commenter's opinion's reflected that!! I myself got caught up in blasting him in the comment section! Some southerner's think we don't understand or care much for football in the northeast!!Some(even SI writers) are so out of touch!!Ha ha.. I also couldn't believe the arrogance of some L'ville fans in the comments!All of a sudden they think their ND!?!?
The Northeast is all PRO sports. Was for many years before someone went south. I'm thinking St. Louis and Washington DC were as far south and west as the old NFL went before Dallas.

Reaction Score
The Northeast is all PRO sports. Was for many years before someone went south. I'm thinking St. Louis and Washington DC were as far south and west as the old NFL went before Dallas.

@But remember this...w/o the Mara's only a few Northern and Eastern cities with rare exceptions would have been able to make money but for the foresight of the Mara family and that made Pro FB what it is today!

Reaction Score
@But remember this...w/o the Mara's only a few Northern and Eastern cities with rare exceptions would have been able to make money but for the foresight of the Mara family and that made Pro FB what it is today!
I almost shed a tear reading your post. It took a VERY long time for pro football to catch on. The 1958 and 1959 Colts and Giants championship games seems to be what captivated the national audience. Boston had multiple failed NFL franchises. I can name at least three off the top of my head. There was also the NY Brickley Giants in 1921. NYC's first attempt at a pro franchise.

The first pro game in NYC was the Buffalo All-Americans vs the Canton Bulldogs at Polo Grounds. That game drew the largest crowd of the season for the All-Americans and the Bulldogs. The Canton Bulldogs had Jim Thrope as a player and coach and lost. Though the 1920 Buffalo All-Americans are co-champions by today's tie-breaking rules, they would have been named champions in 1920 had they not lost to the Canton Bulldogs at home two weeks before due a FG with less than 4 minutes left or beaten the Akron Pros in the last game of the season, when some players were fatigued due to their obligations to the Union Club of Phoenixville, a legendary independent team that eight Buffalo All-Americans players played for, as well. Anyone who is very deep into pro football history would know the Buffalo All-Americans, the Union Club of Phoenixville and the Canton Bulldogs are a huge part of early pro football history lore. To my knowledge, the NFL (or APFA) was the first pro league to have African-Americans play professionally.

For anyone who wants some fun stuff to read and/or research:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_lore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Club_of_Phoenixville

Up until the championship games between the Baltimore Colts and the NY Giants, college football ruled the land. College football was even more well attended than Major League Baseball for years.

Reaction Score
I almost shed a tear reading your post. It took a VERY long time for pro football to catch on, in general. The 1958 and 1959 Colts and Giants championship games seems to be what captivated the national audience. Boston had multiple failed NFL franchises. I can name at least three off the top of my head. There was also the NY Brickley Giants in 1921. NYC's first attempt at a pro franchise.

The first pro game in NYC was the Buffalo All-Americans vs the Canton Bulldogs at Polo Grounds. That game drew the largest crowd of the season for the All-Americans and the Bulldogs. The Canton Bulldogs had Jim Thrope as a player and coach and lost. Though the 1920 Buffalo All-Americans are co-champions by today's tie-breaking rules, they would have been named champions in 1920 had they not lost to the Canton Bulldogs at home two weeks before due a FG with less than 4 minutes left or beaten the Akron Pros in the last game of the season, when some players were fatigued due to their obligations to the Union Club of Phoenixville, a legendary independent team that eight Buffalo All-Americans players played for, as well. Anyone who is very deep into pro football history would know the Buffalo All-Americans, the Union Club of Phoenixville and the Canton Bulldogs are a huge part of early pro football history lore. To my knowledge, the NFL (or APFA) was the first pro league to have African-Americans play professionally.

For anyone who wants some fun stuff to read and/or research:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_lore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Club_of_Phoenixville

Up until the championship games between the Baltimore Colts and the NY Giants, college football ruled the land. College football was even more well attended than Major League Baseball for years.

@I can still see a bloodied Y.A.Tittle after the championship game on a black and white TV (all we had) when I was around 8 or 9 and I was hooked!In those day's high school kid's became my hero's as I jumped the fence during the star spangled banner to be able to get in lol!Fall,burning leave's and football! I can smell them now(burning leaves)!Baseball was still king but their day's were numbered!!But to this day I still enjoy HS football because of all the pomp and circumstance and joy it brought me in my youth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom