4) Oct 24: at Ole Miss
5) Oct. 31: Liberty
6) Nov. 14: at San Jose State
7) Nov. 28: Army

Dates TBA:
8) Maine,
9) at Virginia.

scenario A/B:

10) Middle Tennessee - home game / part of the Ole Miss breakup.
11) Wake Forest or UNC home game <--both are slated to visit Old Dominion in 2020. OD has three P5 games schedule which is a heavy load by most OOC measures for G5s.

12) at Old Dominion <--breaks up game with Old Dominion

Edit update: I think Wake is more likely than UNC since UNC/Old Dominion is actually a home game for UNC.

scenario C:

10) Middle Tennessee - home game / part of the Ole Miss breakup.
11) Syracuse home game <--breaks up game with West Michigan. Syracuse set to play a return game visiting WMU on 9/26

12) at Western Michigan <--to complete the Syracuse-WMU break up

Seems very likely that its one of the A or B scenarios.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I’m in student housing & development. Financed a Rutgers private project.

I can tell you I like what’s going on there & can contrast it with 2008 when I first explored the town. Great things came since then. And YES, B1G conference move was impactful. Little regional State College PA - btw - is seeing explosive growth.

Spent days around Storrs this summer. I’m hopeful ... but it’s lagging today.
I was last down there in 2016. There are a lot of problems that I'm sure you well aware of. That said the move to the B1G definitely helped them in terms of brand. I've seen a change, anecdotally, in the level of statewide support. Fans I know are absolutely miserable about their inability to compete there though.

I've always liked Penn St. their campus makes sense and successfully creates "a sense of place." (Penn St. looks like Penn St.) Their athletic quad is intelligently done using lots for for multiple sports. In a lot of ways, State College is a good example of how do build out a campus intelligently and successfully.

Reaction Score
Score one for Benedict. Article beautifully sums up the scheduling strategy. This is a win
Absolutely, and Bobby Knight would approve of the 5 full-state-named universities currently showing on FBSSchedules (a/o 11:10am):

Reaction Score
The teams that are not on the 2020 are of interest. Benedict was able to pull together a quality schedule without any deals with the AAC teams (hope Aresco is not mad), no MAC teams, only 1 FCS game (Maine), and only 1 long trip to a G5 game (San Jose St.). And it doesn't suck to go to San Jose in November. This is counter to many predictions and shows the strength of the UConn name. It will be interesting to see if the basketball team was or will be used as a bargaining tool.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
what If we use SNY properly and schedule football games there and per chance we outdraw RU in the NY market. That could make us appealing to BIG 10

Reaction Score
some more speculative scheduling cus im just so giddy and focused here :)

9/3 UMass
9/12 @ Illinois
9/19 Maine
9/26 Indiana
10/3 OPEN
10/10 OPEN
10/17 OPEN
10/24 @ Ole Miss
10/31 Liberty
11/7 @ UVA
11/14 @ SJSU
11/21 OPEN
11/24 Army

Reaction Score
The teams that are not on the 2020 are of interest. Benedict was able to pull together a quality schedule without any deals with the AAC teams (hope Aresco is not mad), no MAC teams, only 1 FCS game (Maine), and only 1 long trip to a G5 game (San Diego St.). And it doesn't suck to go to San Diego in November. This is counter to many predictions and shows the strength of the UConn name. It will be interesting to see if the basketball team was or will be used as a bargaining tool.
It's San Jose State not San Diego St. Bay area instead of San Diego.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
what If we use SNY properly and schedule football games there and per chance we outdraw RU in the NY market. That could make us appealing to BIG 10

Your photo should appear next to the dictionary entry for "eternal optimist".

Reaction Score
Do you think, when Aresco was told about these deals, he smiled?

Reaction Score
Official: UConn football’s 2020 schedule partially unveiled

This is pretty good in a short time period considering the doom and gloom predicted after the AAC split, especially if it is true about an additional ACC school that has an agreement in place for next year. Also it can be gleamed from this that we will start to see Liberty, Army, and San Jose State as future regulars on the schedule as well.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Probably not, at least under the current paradigm, but if they become more reliant on ad revenue down the road, then maybe.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Pretty solid showing. Army, Liberty, and UMass will be mainstays, which I'm fine with all things considered.

I'm guessing the Ole Miss is a buy game for them but that the Virginia game should have a return trip to The Rent.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing the Ole Miss is a buy game for them

The Mike Anthony article indicated this is not a buy game for UConn. In order to break up the game between Ole Miss and what I assume is MTSU, MTSU negotiated to keep the buy game money they were going to be receiving.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Sort of. We aren't getting paid for it.

The Mike Anthony article indicated this is not a buy game for UConn. In order to break up the game between Ole Miss and what I assume is MTSU, MTSU negotiated to keep the buy game money they were going to be receiving.

Ah! I didn't read that in the article, good catch.

So just a one off game vs. a SEC team. Not the worst thing in the world for such late notice.

Reaction Score
Better schedule than expected. We may yet survive as a football program even as an indy. Not a DB fan but props to him on this scheduling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom