And so it begin$$$ (NIL...but not Paige just yet) | The Boneyard

And so it begin$$$ (NIL...but not Paige just yet)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Slime twins >> Cavinder Twins. Get them on the ball court.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I wonder if this is the end of one and done men's basketball too?

Reaction Score
I thought UConn WBB were not allowed on social media during the season. Is Instagram considered social media? Will UConn WBB need to revise their rules due to NIL? Just wondering.

Reaction Score
I thought UConn WBB were not allowed on social media during the season. Is Instagram considered social media? Will UConn WBB need to revise their rules due to NIL? Just wondering.
Twitter was the only thing they could not post on during the season, but that's not much of a restriction given how much they use it anyway. They are free to post on any other social media site even during the season.

Reaction Score
And now the very significant factor that dares not speak its name: Beauty. Isn't it more likely that photogenic athletes (men and women) will fare better in the new INL world than the less favored? I mean it's nice to score a bunch of points, but I can think of a lot of high scorers who just wouldn't cut it in the ad world. The Cavinders are pretty, so are others, and that will not hurt their ability to monetize their images. Is it unfair? Isn't life?

Reaction Score
I have not followed Paige and others as I find it a bit too weird for me to do that at my age. I guess I will need to reevaluate that position now that NIL has taken place as I do support the idea (although I worry about how it might turn out). Connecticut law is July 12 and the NCAA is July 1 - I wonder which takes preference if someone like Paige were to sign something now.

Reaction Score
I have not followed Paige and others as I find it a bit too weird for me to do that at my age. I guess I will need to reevaluate that position now that NIL has taken place as I do support the idea (although I worry about how it might turn out). Connecticut law is July 12 and the NCAA is July 1 - I wonder which takes preference if someone like Paige were to sign something now.
I don't see why there needs to be a law at all other than to give the NCAA a push. Ultimately all the NCAA had to do was say it was OK for student-athletes to make money from their NIL and that's it. Lots of students that are not athletes already make money from their NIL and have for years, so no law was necessary.

Reaction Score
And now the very significant factor that dares not speak its name: Beauty. Isn't it more likely that photogenic athletes (men and women) will fare better in the new INL world than the less favored? I mean it's nice to score a bunch of points, but I can think of a lot of high scorers who just wouldn't cut it in the ad world. The Cavinders are pretty, so are others, and that will not hurt their ability to monetize their images. Is it unfair? Isn't life?
I agree with your opinion. And imo if an athlete is photogenic & has skills that makes them even more marketable.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
As the twins did I fully expect deals with Paige to be announced on the first day allowed under state law July 12th. Again like the twins for Paige this means the deals are and have been in the works for some time. Just wondering what Paige will be hawking? It would not surprise me to see a big shoe deal maybe warm ups. Best guess at this point is a combo 2 for one deal, Paige and Nika's picture on the packaging for slime. ;)

W

wolfe613

As the twins did I fully expect deals with Paige to be announced on the first day allowed under state law July 12th. Again like the twins for Paige this means the deals are and have been in the works for some time. Just wondering what Paige will be hawking? It would not surprise me to see a big shoe deal maybe warm ups. Best guess at this point is a combo 2 for one deal, Paige and Nika's picture on the packaging for slime. ;)
why would advertisers deal with Muhl lol

Reaction Score

PB is so endearingly goofy that she could sell practically anything...........if these relatively unknown folks are already pulling in that kind of scratch, PB will be making many millions over her next three UConn years.....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Based on the estimate included in this ,Paige will be an instant millionaire this year at $0.80 per Instagram follower:
Jackson State DE Signs Historic Endorsement Deal at Midnight
"Neon" Deion Sanders is is the head football coach at Jackson State. Can you imagine the "Mega-Bucks" Deion could have made when he was at Florida State?

1625444153583.png

He was the crown prince of swag during that time. If the NIL policy had been in effect then, he would have been a Multi-Millionaire BEFORE he left college. ;)

OT poll question....should former USC Trojans running back Reggie Bush get his Heisman Trophy back? He's asked that it be returned, and all of his records at USC be restored. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NIL is overrated. It mostly benefits those 5% athletes. I don't see it will bring changes to most of the players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom