And Now, a Few Words About Aaliyah Edwards | The Boneyard

And Now, a Few Words About Aaliyah Edwards

Reaction Score

“I mean, that’s our dawg,” Paige Bueckers said. “Whenever she’s playing, I’m tuned in. It was fun to see her out there doing her thing. I mean, she’s an Olympian. So to be a teammate with an Olympian is a blessing.”

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

“I mean, that’s our dawg,” Paige Bueckers said. “Whenever she’s playing, I’m tuned in. It was fun to see her out there doing her thing. I mean, she’s an Olympian. So to be a teammate with an Olympian is a blessing.”
And once again, Paige is giving attention to and relishing in the successes of her teammates.

The best coworker is the one who celebrates the success of her own coworkers. Her teammates love playing with this kid.

Edwards hardly played, but I'm a firm believer in learning through observation and even osmosis. Just being there with Nurse, Achonwa, et al. has got to be a great learning experience.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And once again, Paige is giving attention to and relishing in the successes of her teammates.

The best coworker is the one who celebrates the success of her own coworkers. Her teammates love playing with this kid.

Edwards hardly played, but I'm a firm believer in learning through observation and even osmosis. Just being there with Nurse, Achonwa, et al. has got to be a great learning experience.
As Paige said at the ESPYs about using the light shining on her, "Celebrating other people's success doesn't diminish yours."

And for Edwards, just being around the "osmosis" is often enough to change one's entire attitude.

Osmosis is such a powerful thing. I remember someone pointing out once that a person's entire life could be changed simply by overhearing something you said in a supermarket checkout line. For good or for bad. As Jackson Browne said in "For a Dancer":

Go on ahead and throw some seeds of your own
And somewhere between the time you arrive and the time you go
May lie a reason you were alive, but you'll never know

Reaction Score
OP, maybe you should’ve titled your thread,
And now a few words about Paige Buekers”
The article was actually good.

Reaction Score
OP, maybe you should’ve titled your thread,
And now a few words about Paige Buekers”
The article was actually good.
Haha. Not really. But I would have spelled it correctly. :p
And yes, it was a very good article.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lots of high school posts talk about playing on the perimeter in college but end up inside because they don't develop a perimeter game. Edwards came to UConn with thoughts of being a wing. If nothing else Her Olympic experience should have pointed out where she needs improvement. She can defend on the perimeter which is huge for a player of her size and all she really needs is a reliable mid range shot to put her on AA lists. I'm expecting big things for her.

Reaction Score
Cracks me up that they're talking about her time in Tokyo affecting her conditioning because they didn't practice much, and she got virtually no playing time.

Uh, hello ? That was 2 months ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom