Anarchy scenario in the Boston Globe... | The Boneyard

Anarchy scenario in the Boston Globe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Talking about which Group of Five Conference team will play in a New Year's Day Bowl.

"One potential problem for the AAC: If UConn upsets Temple, South Florida would win the East with a victory agains winless Central Florida.
The Bulls have been the best team in the conference late in the season,but with 4 losses already, if they win the AAC Championship it would open the door for other G5 Champions.
So if you're a fan of teams such as Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, Air Force & Western Kentucky, root hard for UConn & USF."

I don't think that it will come to that. Navy is my pick to win the AAC.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They would have to play the winner of Navy and Houston on the road. Ward will be back for Houston and USF doesn't have UConn's defense.

Reaction Score
Talking about which Group of Five Conference team will play in a New Year's Day Bowl.

"One potential problem for the AAC: If UConn upsets Temple, South Florida would win the East with a victory agains winless Central Florida.
The Bulls have been the best team in the conference late in the season,but with 4 losses already, if they win the AAC Championship it would open the door for other G5 Champions.
So if you're a fan of teams such as Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, Air Force & Western Kentucky, root hard for UConn & USF."

I don't think that it will come to that. Navy is my pick to win the AAC.

LOL. The Bulls have not been the best team in the conference late in the season. Navy just beat them 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Reaction Score
As Lee Corso would say, not so fast! I still cant believe we allowed USF to come in here and win. And I still believe we should have won that game. But they are on a roll right now, having won 6 of 7 including whippings of Temple and Cincy. Some teams get a roll and ride it, they may do so. And, as we know, getting to play an option team twice in a short period of time is so much better than just playing them once. I don't expect USF to emerge from the AAC, but stranger things have happened, including a few years ago here at UConn.

Reaction Score
to me the scenario you pointed out is doomsday for this conference. The conference goal should be to get THE new years day bowl spot. When it comes to the conference championship, I am pulling for either UCONN or the team that has be the best chance to go play on jan 1 and win. The better the conference looks and plays the better those wins will look when we start to knock off the top of the conference. We are not there yet... but damn it, we are on our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom