Analysts concur, Dan Hurley’s 2022 recruiting class for UConn men is an impressive haul (Amore @ Courant) | The Boneyard

Analysts concur, Dan Hurley’s 2022 recruiting class for UConn men is an impressive haul (Amore @ Courant)

Reaction Score
This is a really good article by Amore and I liked how he had three different basketball analysts give their respective takes on Floyd, Clingan and Karaban. It felt like fantasy football gurus giving their reasons to draft certain players.

Informative comments by Finklestein on Hurleys high level of recruiting , his targeted regions and his construction of the roster.

What stood out to me though was Biancardi saying that the trio of recruits aren’t “ just ranked players ,they’re players UConn really wanted and did a thorough job of evaluating. It doesn’t seem like they’re individuals as much as they are team guys”

Love seeing theses national guys giving Hurley and staff the praise they deserve.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought this was a really cool quote:

For the last two years, they got the first guy on their board at every position,” Finkelstein said. “Not one of the six guys they’ve taken has been a second or third option. They covered the entire Northeast region down to the Mid-Atlantic. They’ve hit every major hotbed of talent from the [DC area] up north. They’ve done it while continuing to reassert the UConn brand.”

That's incredible that they have gotten their first choice in the lats 6 guys they have landed. Kudos to Hurley. Now that we are stoked about recruiting, time to start seeing some results on the court!! :D

Reaction Score
This article is like a new and more powerful drug for addicts, except it won't be on the market for a year.

Oh well we've got enough product in Storrs to 'easily' get us through till then.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Recruiting has exceeded any expectations I had. Let’s see how the game day coaching adjusts to maximize the talent. That’s the next step Hurley needs to take. Maybe Murray will help.

In any event it is going to be fun to watch this team for quite some time. UConn is back.

Reaction Score
When you're closing on your primary targets w/high character quality ballers.. The Portal becomes less important as a strategy.

No swings and misses w/this staff..

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For the last two years, they got the first guy on their board at every position,” Finkelstein said. “Not one of the six guys they’ve taken has been a second or third option.
Can we really trust this take? I just read here about all of those DMV guys we whiffed on this cycle. Specifically, the 49, 55, 57, 61, 63, 64, 80 picks. We landed the 44,86,88 I read. Did the article mention any cause for concern?

Reaction Score
The Recruiting has exceeded any expectations I had. Let’s see how the game day coaching adjusts to maximize the talent. That’s the next step Hurley needs to take. Maybe Murray will help.

In any event it is going to be fun to watch this team for quite some time. UConn is back.
I agree the next step is to play faster and with more spacing. Faster means running the break and not hurried half court sets.
Spacing means passing to the spaced man and penetrate and kick. It doesn’t mean dribbles and hands-offs on a top of the circle weave.

Reaction Score
What I love is that the primary targets are optimal for winning in college basketball. 30-75 is the sweet spot and basically all of our recruits have been roughly in that range. And a few have been identified outside that range and then ended up within it. Staff is kicking butt and getting ahead of the curve (we're almost done with 23 and 22 season is still months away).

Reaction Score
For the last two years, they got the first guy on their board at every position,” Finkelstein said. Can we still say that after having missed on Anglin?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I like that in addition to the six players noted, Jackson's recruitment & Akok's early entrance represented outmaneuvering Syracuse, and Sanogo's reclassification did similarly toward Seton Hall. Those were strong moves for the Big East return.

In claiming or protecting turf in New England, I wonder as well about the impact of redshirting Springs. We'll see. Only Javonte Brown Ferguson didn't work out, but it did demonstrate outrecruiting Kansas in his initial decision.

With two notable earlier misses, Cockburn & Achiuwa, there have also been healthy responses. Wrapping up Sanogo can be seen as growth from losing Cockburn, and Karaban's commitment prior to his shift to IMG can be seen as addressing how things changed when Achiuwa went to Montverde.

In further context, Adams, Cole, Martin, Whaley, and Polley can be seen a continuity moves.

Reaction Score
How many ships do we have left for this years class? Are we done?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom