An Observation About Caroline | The Boneyard

An Observation About Caroline

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
One of the least noticed developments in the Portland Regional is the fact that Caroline was there, on the bench, following every play in both games.

That means that she was able to tolerate the cross-country plane flight, and that she is able to tolerate the bright lights and noise of a Final Four arena packed with 10,000 fans. Neither of those things were possible for her as recently as December (three months ago).

It suggests to me that she has overcome her major concussion symptoms, and that she should be good to go for next season.

Reaction Score
One of the least noticed developments in the Portland Regional is the fact that Caroline was there, on the bench, following every play in both games.

That means that she was able to tolerate the cross-country plane flight, and that she is able to tolerate the bright lights and noise of a Final Four arena packed with 10,000 fans. Neither of those things were possible for her as recently as December (three months ago).

It suggests to me that she has overcome her major concussion symptoms, and that she should be good to go for next season.
Fingers crossed, Joe. Maybe most important of all, that she's still an active although non-playing member of the team seems to indicate she believes she'll be back.:cool:

Reaction Score

That would be great, did I notice her wearing red hearing protection?

Reaction Score
And the way other injured players (like Jana) were jumping up and down in celebration gives hope that their rehabs are on schedule.
I believe I saw Inês jump upon Jana in sort of a frontal piggyback (as best as I can describe it). I guess she knows Jana is probably ready now...it just wasn't worth it to give up a year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
I believe I saw Inês jump upon Jana in sort of a frontal piggyback (as best as I can describe it). I guess she knows Jana is probably ready now...it just wasn't worth it to give up a year of eligibility.
Anxious to see her play, have not seen her game.

Reaction Score
I know it was discussed on the BY about how Caroline can't wear protective headgear by NCAA rule. Did anyone see the Texas vs. NC State game where Taylor Jones was wearing some kind of band around her neck? She was coming off missing a game from being in concussion protocol. Evidently that is allowed, not sure if it would be helpful to Caroline.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Anxious to see her play, have not seen her game.
I have made the point that Jana has an all around game, similar to Stewie. That’s not to say that she’s as good as Stewie, at least not yet. But as the daughter of the Egyptian National Team coach, she has learned well how to shoot, pass, dribble, play defense and rebound.

Along with every other Husky fan, I can not wait to see Jana on the court next season.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I know it was discussed on the BY about how Caroline can't wear protective headgear by NCAA rule. Did anyone see the Texas vs. NC State game where Taylor Jones was wearing some kind of band around her neck? She was coming off missing a game from being in concussion protocol. Evidently that is allowed, not sure if it would be helpful to Caroline.
I think that was a Q collar -- supposed to increase fluid volume in the head to reduce the chance of concussion. Audrey Warren wore one when she played with Texas after something like five concussions the previous couple of years. She avoided having another.

What pleased me more than Caroline making the flight to Oregon was that she seemed so engaged -- fully participated in the after-game celebrations.

Reaction Score
I have made the point that Jana has an all around game, similar to Stewie. That’s not to say that she’s as good as Stewie, at least not yet. But as the daughter of the Egyptian National Team coach, she has learned well how to shoot, pass, dribble, play defense and rebound.

Along with every other Husky fan, I can not wait to see Jana on the court next season.

Yes, you bet Old Dude. And from what I have see, she has a ferocious, take-no-prisoners style of play too.

Reaction Score
Caroline tried it last year.... it is called an Q Collar.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Somebody stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night....none of the points you stated enable her to handle the rigors of the physical contact that defending and driving into the lane will bring to the head and neck. The simple FACT is we don't know, so please refrain from useless speculation....

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Somebody stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night....none of the points you stated enable her to handle the rigors of the physical contact that defending and driving into the lane will bring to the head and neck. The simple FACT is we don't know, so please refrain from useless speculation....
wha? every third post on the BY is like that. ... but it's entertaining and at times informative. i like it, FWIW.

Reaction Score
Wishing Caroline the best.
Knowing what she’s capable of when healthy, can’t help feeling somehow cheated by her inability to play.
IF Caroline IS ready next season, the element she MIGHT bring to the UCONN effort would be considerable.
While I miss Azzi’s shooting, Aubrey’s athleticism, Ayanna’s strength, Jana’ potential and the chance that Amari can finally find herself, I somehow KNOW that Caroline can turn a game upside down with her attributes at both ends of the court. Allow
E to be cautiously optimistic

Reaction Score
You must be new here. :D Unfounded and uninformed speculation is the best part about this community, right behind having roughly 2,000 coaches-in-waiting who all think they know more than Geno.

Reaction Score
I did notice that. I didn't really catch the discussion on it or even how it helped with concussion related issues.

Reaction Score

I am so with you/ I seen games she piayed in in FIFA and she was a beast. I have been saying all this year when Jana does play, she will be starting from day one. aT 6.6" she will be the BIG Uconn has been missing. Her father taught her well. Jana, from what I have seen will be an all around player/ Can't wait until Paige starts passing her the ball at the high post. GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Reaction Score
Anyone who saw Jana play for the Egyptian national team knows she is going to be a force in the US college game. She is going to shock people. I wouldn't be surprised if she could have played in January but they held her back so as not to waste a year. We will never know.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if there is a place were we can watch replays of the tournament games. Or are these all covered by copyright, you will be shot, or drawn and quartered if you post them?

Reaction Score
IF she has done the best of her possibilities, rest healthy, that would be my better advice. Do not force things, take care of yourself and come back when 100%

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if there is a place were we can watch replays of the tournament games. Or are these all covered by copyright, you will be shot, or drawn and quartered if you post them?
ESPN streaming app

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom