An interesting ratings test | Page 2 | The Boneyard

An interesting ratings test

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Marquette blog lays out just how alone they are now.

http://painttouches.com/2014/01/08/big-east-fox-sports-1-struggle-to-gain-tv-ratings/

FS1 had the most Big East games of any channel, broadcasting 48 of the 85 national TV games. Of those 48 games, 41 had a rating of 0, five had a rating of 0.1, and two had a rating of 0.2. While these are definitely underwhelming numbers, it shows the double edged sword that is extensive coverage. More games will be on national TV, but a good number of those games will be duds. Villanova vs. Towson took the crown as least watched game, drawing 8,000 viewers for the Sunday night tilt.

There’s no way to sugarcoat the FS2 numbers. All 14 games failed to crack the 40,000 viewer mark and eight of those couldn’t even muster 8,000. Seton Hall’s game against Monmouth on Monday, Nov. 18 only had 1,000 people watching. At this point, FS2′s reach is so nonexistent it might actually be advantageous to be on a regional network.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I wonder if the 16 team Big East had not broken up and Fox won the Tier 1 basketball and football contract and became the national "Big East Network" similar to how SNY set themselves up, what would the ratings be?

I tell you one thing, I would've been gluedto that channel from Sept-March

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
What the ratings show you is that 1) no one can find FS1 or FS2 unless they need to follow their DePaul team and 2) no one cares about the Big East without UConn, Cuse, Louisville, Pitt, WVU. Welcome to the world of the A-10 Big East.

Reaction Score
What the ratings show you is that 1) no one can find FS1 or FS2 unless they need to follow their DePaul team and 2) no one cares about the Big East without UConn, Cuse, Louisville, Pitt, WVU. Welcome to the world of the A-10 Big East.

One of the biggest problems for the BE is that Georgetown sucks.

Georgetown is currently entering Will Robinson territory, and the fans know it.

Reaction Score
Nelson will tell you they got their money, and that is all that matters. For now, i agree. I will be real interested in how their next contract works out, because no way in hell fox will over pay like that for ratings they could get from dead air.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It was amazing how bad the picture quality was for PC/St John's last night.

Their talent is fine, I like the way they present games and they have had a couple decent Pac-12 games lately - like ASU/Az yesterday but the broadcast quality is jarring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom