An example of how ridiculous this all is | The Boneyard

An example of how ridiculous this all is

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I believe from what I have heard, the executive of the Big 12 conference committe right now is the President of Missouri. So that means that at all the same time he is:

- In talks with Texas and Oklahoma to keep the Big 12 together.
- In talks with the Baylor, Iowa St, Kansas, and Kansas St in addition to the Big East leftovers to negotiate a merger between the two conferences.
- In talks with the SEC on a potential application to the SEC conference
- And given Missouri's begging of the Big Ten last year, you know they are also trying to leverage their SEC offer to get the Big Ten offer they have always wanted.

So in summary, you have the Missouri President in ongoing negotiations (in an official capacity) with the Big 12, Big East, SEC, and Big Ten.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with this and seen as normal opperating procedures in College Football! Think there might be a problem with this system?:rolleyes:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Easier than dealing with the wife and kids.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
And not waiving rights to sue Texas A&M

I don't what the big deal is about this whole not waiving rights to sue aTm thing? Who in their right mind would waive their rights to sue when they are getting nothing in return? It doesn't mean they have any intention of going forward with a lawsuit...they just aren't waiving their right to it. That is just smart business. When would anyone (school, business, individual, etc) ever sign a waiver to their right to sue when you are getting nothing in return?

Reaction Score
I don't what the big deal is about this whole not waiving rights to sue aTm thing? Who in their right mind would waive their rights to sue when they are getting nothing in return? It doesn't mean they have any intention of going forward with a lawsuit...they just aren't waiving their right to it. That is just smart business. When would anyone (school, business, individual, etc) ever sign a waiver to their right to sue when you are getting nothing in return?

it wouldn't make sense. just like all the assumptions out there that the BE will let SU/Pitt out of their obligatory 27 month notice. i really don't see why they would.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
They do it because at some point you're just harming yourself. You hold yourself up from moving on from that which is inevitable

Reaction Score

I wouldn't, I'm just pointing to irony/hypocricy that Mizzou is going the same thing

Reaction Score
it wouldn't make sense. just like all the assumptions out there that the BE will let SU/Pitt out of their obligatory 27 month notice. i really don't see why they would.
At some point a settlement will be reached. Probably will invo,lve a combination of cash and games...Syracuse agrees to play at rutgers and at the Rent for no fee, but pays UCONN and rugers for the return game. Pitt does the same for USF and Lousiville...or fi there is no big East, it is just a cash transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom