An Ethical Dilemma: Whether to report a UConn bad one to the NCAA | The Boneyard

An Ethical Dilemma: Whether to report a UConn bad one to the NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So for a little light reading I'm skimming through the 2013-14 NCAA Final Four record book (last one available) and I spy this little item:

Most Blocked Shots (Since 1988)
12—Connecticut vs.Louisville, CH, 4-9-13

And I'm thinking what? More than Schuie and the gang in 2000? This was for a one team total, not combined. Who was doing that damage against the Cards? The ESPN box score isn't available so I check the play-by-play and count Faris-Dolson-Stewie-KML-Stewie-Stewie-Dolson. That's 7, which is confirmed by UConn.com's box score. And though there are team rebounds, there is no such thing as a team block. So big boo-boo.

The NCAA screwed up yet again, but what's to do? Should I turn the Huskies in to the records office and dump them from their lofty but undeserved perch? Tough decision in a tough time, but I think the rightful occupants should sit on the throne. It should read:

Most Blocked Shots (Since 1988)
11—Connecticut vs.Tennessee, CH, 4-2-00
11—Notre Dame vs. Purdue, CH, 4-1-01

Shared glory, I know, but Schuie would say it's the right thing to do.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I'm guessing Holly is checking with Vandy about their Mo'ne moaning procedures. But the problem for them is that this is likely an insider NCAA foul-up.

Emmert will obviously need to resign, but I'm not sure how much farther the NCAA will want to go.

Reaction Score
Im sure someone will accuse Geno for trying to pad the teams numbers..

Attachments

• uconn blocks.png
    uconn blocks.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 52

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Boneyard Ethics?
Obviously there's just one credo for the Boneyard Ethics, just that one stipulation you swear to uphold when registering.

I saved my sign-up doc from years ago with a picture of the mods back then explaining that one quality required to join the club.

frankramz-bad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22