An Early 2019/2020 "Season Record" Poll | The Boneyard

An Early 2019/2020 "Season Record" Poll

How many losses do you predict UConn WBB will have this coming REGULAR season?

Votes: 23 12.6%

Votes: 24 13.1%

Votes: 59 32.2%

Votes: 50 27.3%

Votes: 16 8.7%

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • 6+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
How many losses do you predict UConn WBB will have this coming REGULAR season? (regular season does NOT include exhibition games of any post-season games) We'll do a close-to-the-start-of-the-season version also to see how they compare.

Optimists, pessimists, and so-called realists are welcome to participate. However, you must own up to your first prediction IN THIS THREAD to be able to claim "I told you so" or "I predicted" after the season ends.

You can only vote once in each poll and your vote cannot be changed once it is cast. Poll is set to close 10 days from this original posting date.

Let's see if the wisdom of the BY crowd can nail this one.

PS. No whining or complaining about who will or won't be eligible, or will or won't be cleared to play. Everybody has the same current information.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From a UConn WBB web page:

Like I said, they're all cupcakes. Glad we're not playing Maryland during the regular season this year. :rolleyes:..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I said 2 even though I believe UConn can go undefeated. I am looking forward to the season.

Reaction Score
I chose 2 but I don’t know why. Didn’t look at the schedule just picked a number

Reaction Score
We’ve got Oregon on the schedule this year, right? If true, I chose 2 losses (Baylor and Oregon).
ND essentially lost their major contributors from last year and Dawn has a lot of freshmen and underclassmen she will be relying on.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My instinct says three, but I voted two. They always surprise me by somewhere between one and three wins.

Notre Dame, De Paul, Baylor, Tennessee, Oregon, and South Carolina are not gimmes. I doubt ND or DP will defeat UConn. Baylor and Oregon are likely defeats. Tenn and SC are wildcards. My brain says between the latter four, there will be three losses, but I'm going with two.

Reaction Score
The last time the result of the poll looks like this (or maybe even worse than this after Stewie, Mo & Tuck left and there was a lot of uncertainty going into Lou/Pheesa sophomore season, they went undefeated in the regular season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
1 loss... Between Baylor and Oregon. I think Oregon is the team more likely to be she'll shocked by UConn. Graves will be outcoached by Geno
Baylor has a lot of talent, but the Lady Bears are an entirely different team with only one true Big. No free backside cuts to the basket or easy second chance points. The game is in CT. Baylor will go down to the Huskies this season.

Reaction Score
Baylor has a lot of talent, but the Lady Bears are an entirely different team with only one true Big. No free backside cuts to the basket or easy second chance points. The game is in CT. Baylor will go down to the Huskies this season.
I'm interested to see Cox play at 5. I think they'll be way more mobile. I just can't see UConn losing to both teams. I think that UConn will expose Oregon. UConn does not have a matchup for Nalyssa Smith.

Reaction Score
1 loss... Between Baylor and Oregon. I think Oregon is the team more likely to be shell shocked by UConn. Graves will be outcoached by Geno
Also going with only one loss. Baylor is in Hartford and Oregon is at Gampel so I think the chances are pretty decent that at least one is “upset” by UConn.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think Oregon is the team more likely to be she'll shocked by UConn.

Still several players on the team that got walloped in the Tourney by UConn in 2017, most notably Ionescu and Hebard, so they won't be going into this totally blind.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm interested to see Cox play at 5. I think they'll be way more mobile. I just can't see UConn losing to both teams. I think that UConn will expose Oregon. UConn does not have a matchup for Nalyssa Smith.
Megan will match up well with Smith imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom