An actual doctor sez … | Page 2 | The Boneyard

An actual doctor sez …

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Every injury is different. As I pointed out in another thread NBA players Yao Ming & Lorenzen Wright were both back on the court in 2 months after their tibial fractures. Kobe Bryant, at age 35, was still rehabbing after 12 weeks when the Lakers shut him down after the team had tanked without him. Jayson Williams career was over after he incurred both a tibial fracture and a torn meniscus which required surgery.

In Paige’s case, the doctors who have examined her and reviewed the MRI report from the radiologist are the most qualified people on the planet to deliver a prognosis on when she can return from this injury. Their prognosis is 6-8 weeks. Until I hear otherwise from Paige’s doctors, that’s what I will hang my hat on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paige's injury is quite similar to Kobe Bryant's in 2013--same fracture from hyperextension.

And he then sat out the rest of the year, although initially they expected him back in 6-8 weeks. He was 34 at the time, hopefully Paige's injury is less severe.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Paige's injury is quite similar to Kobe Bryant's in 2013--same fracture from hyperextension.

And he then sat out the rest of the year, although initially they expected him back in 6-8 weeks. He was 34 at the time, hopefully Paige's injury is less severe.
As I have pointed out, Kobe was 35, the Lakers had tanked in his absence and were highly likely to miss the playoffs, so the team decided to shut him down. Yao Ming & Lorenzen Wright both got back on the court closer to the 8 week timeframe.

As info, Yao Ming is 7’6” and his playing weight was approximately 300 lbs. Just standing upright put a significant load on his joints.

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I clicked on the link to the article and it directed me to a sale the Courant is having. I signed up for a six month subscription for one dollar. I've done that for the last couple of years and unsubscribed when the six months are up. I have access to all the articles for the rest of the season.
Ooh. Thanks for heads up. Just did the same.

Reaction Score
Plan on not having Paige the rest of the season. If she comes back, it's a bonus. The other players need to step up and have the mindset that it's their show now. It shouldn't be about holding down the fort until she returns to save them. There is a lot of talent on this team and they need to play to their potential.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
On the OP, what I take from this Drs. statement is that 20 years ago this would simply be defined as a 'bone bruise' but with better technology (MRI) they can see tiny fracture (lines) that probably exist in almost all 'bone bruises.' The announced recovery timeline defines the 'fracture' as being minimal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom