Amount of Players in NBA by College | The Boneyard

Amount of Players in NBA by College

Reaction Score
I remember in the early 2000 to mid 2000s we used to be a lot higher on this list. I think we had 13-14 at one point? Not sure if I’m correct there.

Anyway, I don’t like seeing us (a 4 time national championship program) so low on this list. Behind schools like Syracuse and Washington is not where we should be.

Obviously the NBA factories are way out ahead in Duke and Kentucky. And Arizona and Kansas ranks didn’t surprise me with Sean Miller and Self paying their players. I think Hurley is going to catch us up a bit bc I think he has a special eye for talent.

What do you guys think about this? Do you think we make a comeback in this regard? Do you think NBA/NCAA rule changes will work in our favor?
All I can say is, I hope so.
BAEC09D5-A03E-46AA-8A5D-2FE57A19F396.jpeg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I remember in the early 2000 to mid 2000s we used to be a lot higher on this list. I think we had 13-14 at one point? Not sure if I’m correct there.

Anyway, I don’t like seeing us (a 4 time national championship program) so low on this list. Behind schools like Syracuse and Washington is not where we should be.

Obviously the NBA factories are way out ahead in Duke and Kentucky. And Arizona and Kansas ranks didn’t surprise me with Sean Miller and Self paying their players. I think Hurley is going to catch us up a bit bc I think he has a special eye for talent.

What do you guys think about this? Do you think we make a comeback in this regard? Do you think NBA/NCAA rule changes will work in our favor?
All I can say is, I hope so. View attachment 47496

This is a nice 1 and done U graph.

Reaction Score
Honestly, considering the performance of the program since 2014, I thought we might be even lower on this list. We definitely used to have 13 or 14 former players in the NBA at one point in the not-so-distant past. If I remember correctly, The Hartford Courant used to show the stats of all of the former UConn players in the sports section every so often. Of course, if I remember incorrectly, that might not have ever happened.

Reaction Score
Only 1 Big East School, 2 if you count us. Shocked to see so many PAC 12

Reaction Score
Drummond, Rudy,, Kemba, Bazz, Lamb, who am I missing? I don't think anyone else made a roster.

Reaction Score
Duke and Kentucky being far ahead of the pack really shows how dumb the "one and done" era became. When we led the NBA in total alumni 10-12 years ago it was around 12-14 players. It's unbelievable that Kentucky currently has 30 guys in the NBA, more than doubling the top number from about a decade ago.

Reaction Score
Drummond, Rudy,, Kemba, Bazz, Lamb, who am I missing? I don't think anyone else made a roster.
I don't think any:

Camp Cuts & G League
A few other former Huskies didn’t quite make an opening roster, but are likely grinding away in the G-League, waiting for their opportunity.

Jalen Adams
Adams, who stuck out those dark days mentioned above, went undrafted but was picked up by the Pelicans on an Exhibit 10 deal in late June. After appearing in two preseason games, he was waived last week. He’s expected to play for the Erie Bayhawks, the Pelicans G League affiliate. Adams always had the talent, but the question was whether he had the consistency and drive to become a next-level player.

Daniel Hamilton
The talented swingman was released by the Cleveland Cavaliers last week. It’s unsure if he’ll land in the G League or take his talents overseas.

Amida Brimah
Brimah spent last year averaging just under a double-double for the Austin Spurs, where he earned NBA G League All-Defensive Team honors. He spent the summer with the Pacers on an Exhibit 10, but was waived a week ago. He’ll likely join their G League affiliate, the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. Brimah is another one of those players that you just can’t help but wonder how they would have panned out if the current coaching staff had him for four years.

Reaction Score
Honestly, considering the performance of the program since 2014, I thought we might be even lower on this list. We definitely used to have 13 or 14 former players in the NBA at one point in the not-so-distant past. If I remember correctly, The Hartford Courant used to show the stats of all of the former UConn players in the sports section every so often. Of course, if I remember incorrectly, that might not have ever happened.

It used to be in the teens, but we've been hurt by:
- a lot of our guys turned out to be busts (Thabeet, most of our 2006 draft class)
- a few of our guys didn't last as long in the league as they should have (e.g. Ben Gordon)
- the KO era; his players are basically a G League all-star team, but only one has actually stuck (tenuously) in the NBA

Reaction Score
Pains me to say this but Kentucky is NBA-U and Calipari is the best coach for 5 star recruits. Gotta give credit where it's due

Reaction Score
Is purvis still bouncing around the G league now? He was in the league for a minute with Orlando, I think

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not sure how accurate this is. Syracuse for example has 7 listed, although only four are currently in the NBA. Lydon, Richardson, Waiters, Grant. In my opinion that is a far worse group than ours. We win again.

Reaction Score
Pains me to say this but Kentucky is NBA-U and Calipari is the best coach for 5 star recruits. Gotta give credit where it's due
At the end of the day, we root for a college team, and we all can clearly see that all world NBA talent doesn’t necessarily win national championships(well Anthony Davis is all world).

I like to think we are the lucky ones here, and we’re so spoiled we don’t know how good we’ve had it.

IDK how I’d feel if we were a “perennial” top 5 team and couldnt get over the hump to win year after year. So Cal gets no credit in my book, his $$$ talks.

K gets the credit cause he wins with it, hate to say it, but’s it’s true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom